Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Products, Products, Products

         
Since discovering this product, I cannot live without it.
         Before leaving for Paris today to stand in line for hours at the un-air conditioned American consulate to renew my passport, I squirted the last vestiges of my Baume Beauté Eclair out of its tube, applied it over my day cream and resolved to stop by the Clarins institute on my way home for a new tube.
Clarins neutral pore and wrinkle filler. It works beautifully. Just remember to let it "set" before applying other products over it.
          I did, and while there also picked up a back-up pot of Lisse Minute which I believe I have mentioned is brilliant for filling in small wrinkles and pores. It sort of resembles a delicate, discreet mousse-like spackle. Then, the nice Clarins lady in her red striped marinière T-shirt uniform, threw in lots of product samples including one of the company's newest offerings, Lisse Minute Autobronzant. It serves the same purpose as its neutral colored companion, that is to say it fills in wrinkles and pores, but it also slowly tans the face.

The new self-tanning skin smoother.
         Directions indicate it should be used every day until the desired bronzage is achieved and after that every two to three days to maintain the color.

Look! "Magique" is in the name of the product. How absolutely perfect.
         After that visit I moseyed over to Monoprix to look at Essie nail polish colors and ended up buying L'Oreal's CC cream which I had previously tested in a sample. It comes out of the tube bluish and when applied to the face something magic happens and suddenly the skin is impeccable. The result is rather amazing.

11 comments:

vicki archer said...

We love amazing! xv

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I just picked up some of the Loreal last week...and it is amazing!!

Joan said...

Just came across your blog - love it!

Marsha Splenderosa said...

I think Clarins products are lovely. They absolutely work for me too. Isn't Vicki funny...loves amazing.

hopflower said...

Having used Clarins for years, I am a big Clarins fan still. But their Beauty Balm just never did a thing for me and I never understood the following this product has. Still, there is plenty more in that line to love!

Karen Albert said...

Tish great products and I am ready to try a couple!!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Designer Series

D. A. Wolf said...

"... delicate, discreet, mousse-like spackle..."

Tish, you make me smile. I can't decide if I wish to go for an undies-shopping splurge, whip up a chocolate dessert, or tend to my walls...

I think I'll go peek at my cheeks in a mirror, and touch up this or that, no doubt, a better idea.

:)

Une femme said...

I really need to try the L'Oreal CC. I'll skip the Clarins bronzing version, but love the neutral Lisse Minute.

A Well Styled Life said...

You had me at spackle!! The Loreal is now on my shopping list.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tish-Love your blog and can't wait for your book! I am using the Eucerin hyaluronic based on your recommendation; does the flash balm work on top of that? Thanks! Anna

Anonymous said...

Where are you finding the Loreal CC cream. I looked on Loreals website and it is not even on there? I would really like to try it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...