Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Packing: A Scarf "Scentric" Six-pack

P.A.R.O.S.H dress. Imagine it with the cardigan below, you know, for the arm thing.

Ed. Note: Janice to the rescue. Busy, busy day, lots of editing. . . so, once again, thank heaven for The Vivienne Files creator, my pal Janice. 

         It's so bizarre, and I assure you we are not communicating -- not even by ESP -Vicki Archer and I seem to be covering a lot of similar fashion territory these days. If you visit her today you'll see she's talking about one of my favorite colors, cobalt blue, which Janice chose as her central theme here. That, and the scarves of course.


Cashmere, Crumpet, cardigan -- oh how I love alliteration. . .

When you just don't know WHAT to pack, turn to your favorite scarves to help you focus.  Two scarves, a core of a dark neutral, and a few accent pieces, and you're on your way!
Hermès Voyages en Etoffes, Chan Luu cashmere & silk scarf
Tee – Derek Lam, cardigan – Romwe, earrings – Marco Bicego, pants – L.L.Bean, loafers – Madewell, watch – Movado, briefcaseDooney & Bourke, carry-on bag – L.L.Bean

Dress – P.A.R.O.S.H., hoop earrings – Brooks Brothers, knot earrings – Blue Nile, pumps – Brooks Brothers, cashmere turtleneck – L.L.Bean, black skirt – Donna Karan, cashmere cardigan – Crumpet, gold necklace – Blue Nile, tee shirt – L.L.Bean, black silk blouse – Equipment, gold bracelet – Ben Amun, ballet flats – Tory Burch







11 comments:

suzynjgonzalez.com said...

I'm so glad you combined the tshirt with the cardigan. I'd also like to see the turtleneck with the cardigan. Lately I'm so bored with neutral+one color - I want to mix ALL the colors!

david terry said...

Hey Tish,

Yes, I'd noticed that the ever-intrepid (not to mention keen-eyed) Vicki is also "covering" cobalt-blue.

Just for the record?....I couldn't help but recall Meryl Streep's famous "blue sweater" monologue from "the Devil Wears Prada" (just google "Youtube Devil Wears Prada Blue Belts Sweater") yesterday, when I began getting pop-up ads from the utterly-middle-class Target-store chain.

These featured an array of household items and clothing....all in the same shade of oxblood-red, asking "Have you got RED on your mind? Come to Target!"....

I also recalled Vicki's posting (like, six months ago?) about oxblood's apparently being "this year's color". The chosen runway-color-of-this-past-season seems to have trickled its way down to Target stores and onto my ploinky computer in a pokey, North Carolina town of 1000 (at most) potential rural-consumers. Suffice it to say that I could ask the postman, but my good guess is that this town is not exactly packed with "Vogue"-subscribers.


Not entirely by the way?.....during the 80's, one of my best friends from college (she's still a friend)moved to NYC, went to FIT, and subsequently (after five years of working her tail off for various folks) found herself vaulted into the stratospheric heights of "THE COLOR BOARD".

Yes, indeed...we all ask "Is there some group of people somewhere who just DECIDE what next's year's 'color' will be?", and it turns out there is, indeed, such a group/industrial cabal.

In my friend's case, she spent about six years telling the world what color it would be wearing next season, and then she moved on to marrying a multi-million-dollar shipping/maritme-law magnate. So, she quit working and has spent her days raising two lovely daughters.

She's very funny. When I last asked her, over the telephone, "So, how's your life going?", she replied "Charmed, I'm sure".

I agreed with her.

Level Best as Ever,

David Terry
www.davidterryart.com

Young at Heart said...

cobalt blue is a bold move...I have a pair of cobalt blue tights I like to team with mustard yellow Mary-Janes to brighten up a dull day!!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I am so glad to see cobalt blue sticking around...it is such a great warm weather color. I love owning print scarves with this many color opportunities inside of the print! Great job...as always.

Lorrie said...

I do love cobalt blue and this post is a great addition to Vicki's.

Susan G said...

I use cobalt blue to spark black and grey in my wardrobe. I just bought a bright blue handmade leather bag, too!

Sheila said...

Just not that strange cheap-looking tee with the funny neckline.

vicki archer said...

We have seriously been on a similar wave length this past week Tish...
Any other little secrets I should know about... ;) xv

BigLittleWolf said...

That stunning cobalt (or is it cerulian?) - gorgeous. And is there anyone who doesn't look wonderful in that hue?

(I admit to both skirts AND footwear in this color...)

david terry said...

Oh, "big Little Wolf"....I'd forgotten that sneering Streep line "Actually, it's not 'Blue'. It's CERULEAN....."

thanks,

david Terry

Duchesse said...

On reflection I'd rather live with this colour around me than on me. Lately I am drawn to ever-quieter colours but if I were visiting a clement, sunny place this would definitely be more appealing. And I applaud all of you who would step out in it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...