Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It's All About The Coat

Trench - Burberry

Ed. Note: Off to Paris, to have another massage from hell among other things. Thank heaven for Janice -- The Vivienne Files -- for once again taking over this space with her magic. Look what she has done with one fantastic coat. It's hard to believe that after a major investment, i.e. the Burberry coat, the rest of the wardrobe comes from L. L. Bean. She really is a genius.

Red trench coat – Burberry London, clutch bag – Bracher Emden, pumps – Christin Michaels, bracelets – Dorothy Perkins, boots - Acne

Striped scarf – Brooks Brothers, oxfords – Costume National, scarf – Gucci, athletic shoes – Converse Chuck Taylor’s 
Necklace – Baccarat, wingtips – Rachel Antonoff for Bass, Scarf – Brooks Brothers, boots - Aldo
Sunglasses – Thierry Lasry, athletic shoes – Keds, triple-wrap watch – La Mer, flats - Ferragamo
Earrings – Kate Spade, bracelet – Ted Baker, athletic shoes – Vans, belt – Costume National, boots - Hunter
All clothes - L.L.Bean


16 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I agree...it is a gorgeous coat worth styling around. Love the selections!

Kristen said...

Love the coat and the styling. I cannot wear double -breasted coats and jackets; they overexaggerate my bust in an undesirable way. Any suggestions for an equally chic single-breasted trench?

Fashion art and other fancies said...

I love a well-made coat. Red is one of beloved colours for the winter season, too.

Angel Jem said...

I love this wardrobe! They are my favourite colours. I have a red trench coat (not Burberry :( )so I may print this list out and have a play with the combinations to see what I can do.... Thanks!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Tish,
Do you know, I had a coat very similar to that red Burberry one in the '60's fom Biba !!!! ........ if only I'd kept it !! I've still got a Biba jacket from those days and, to my horror, it was on the Antiques Roadshow !! Just shows how old I am !! I felt a bit better when they valued it at between £600.00 and £800.00 !!
A great example of styling and what you can do around one fabulous coat. XXXX

mette said...

True. A great coat and you can wear just about anything beneath it.
A red trenchcoat over here would be too " striking ".

sisty said...

Isn't Janice amazing? Going to her blog is like going into a candy store.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

If that gem was in a single breasted version I could wear it...It's lovely just the same.
Massage from hell? What did I miss?
Aren't massages supposed to be wonderful and relaxing?

vicki archer said...

Love these looks from Janice ... xv

BigLittleWolf said...

The versatility of a trench. And red - with anything!

Love.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I have such a weakness for coats.
And red shoes!
xo

zafar said...

World Wide Online jobs from home, part time online jobs, data entry jobs and copy pasting jobs
www.jobzcorner.com

zafar said...

World Wide Online jobs from home, part time online jobs, data entry jobs and copy pasting jobs
www.jobzcorner.com

NotesFromAbroad said...

It has been raining and is quite chilly in Buenos Aires today .. after months of intense summer heat, it was a treat to get to wear a light coat .
I have a Burberry for cooler weather but today was a denim trench coat .. perfect with a black shirt & tan trousers . Being so blonde, red coats make me self conscious :)

Amelia said...

A very lovely red trench coat, and will have to admire it from afar. I may have the coloring for it, but not the panache to carry it off.

Virginia said...

Don't have a red trench coat, but do have a red suede blazer in this shade. Lots of options I never considered!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...