Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Lavender How-to: First the Jacket. . .

jacket - Uniqlo
Ed. Note: Seriously, I can't stop wondering "how does she do it?" Janice of the spectacularly creative The Vivienne Files has more ways to mix up more things every day than anyone I have ever seen or imagined.

         Once again she is filling a void as I work through the last details. Now, let me tell you a secret, I think this lavender jacket is lovely, I really do -- for someone else. In fact, I would like to see someone wearing it, but that someone couldn't be me. Pink is another color that strikes fear in my heart, but I love pink. It's one of the prettiest, kindest colors out there. But, I just can't.

         However, tomorrow I shall show you a couple of surprising (!), for me at least, additions I just made to my black, black, black, navy, gray wardrobe. . .

         Thank you again dear, dear Janice.
Trench – Uniqlo, necklace – Brooks Brothers, tweed flats – Butterfly Dream, scarf – Mii Trame, brogues – Tod’s

Lavender jacket – Uniqlo, bag – Patrizia Pepe, pumps – Miz Mooz, bracelet – Atelier Swarovski by Christopher Kane, sneakers - Vans 
Trench – Uniqlo, scarf – Etro, shoes – Sperry Top-Sider, scarf – Hermès, boots – Acne 

Jacket – Uniqlo, sunglasses – Agent Provocateur, brogues – Repetto, belt – Ralph Lauren, flats – Betsey Johnson

Coat – Uniqlo, hat – Lisa Battaglia, boat shoes – Milly for Sperry, earrings – Alexis Bittar, loafers – Marc Jacobs


all clothes - L.L.Bean

14 comments:

mette said...

Just wondering, does lavender actually suit anyone if it solid and flat?
Ok on some accessories, if there are other hues included.
Finding this collection depressive. Maybe something is missing.

Anonymous said...

I certainly can wear lavender and I do. It is a lovely colour.

Elizabeth said...

Lavender looks great on blondes, but it looks best with either stone khakis or black. I don't like it with jeans--the colors just don't look right.

Villette said...

But Tish, I reckon that if one already has a wardrobe of black, black, navy and grey there is nothing left to add. An impetuous dash of charcoal, perhaps, but there have to be limits! Still, I await with curiosity news tomorrow of what you've found to add.

A Well Styled Life said...

I have a wardrobe of black, gray, black, navy, cream, black and black. Lavender is a terrific colour on me, a blonde, but only in small doses.

D. A. Wolf said...

I find lavender a very challenging color to wear. In fact, with my skin tone and dark hair, it's not dreadful on me, but it simply sits there.

It is such a pretty color though - and worn with all black for example, a lavender bag and shoes is a whole other story. It's the only way I can do it, and I find it's an uplifting and sometimes surprising choice even in sall doses.

Lisa said...

Oh I love the lavender jacket. I'm now kicking myself for getting rid of my quilted lavender trench.

A N D Y S T Y L E said...

pretty looks ')

Karen Albert said...

Tish, that's me especially this time of year;black, black, black, navy, charcoal, heather grey etc.

I have a dear friend who would love that lavender trench. Truly her!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Duchesse said...

For the first time in my life, I bought a pair of lavender cords. They look terrific with a navy fine wool v-neck and make me feel almost daring.

Cannot wait to see you picks, dear Tish.

Amelia said...

I can't help loving lavender and pink also even though I'm reluctant to wear both colors. They look great on me because of my coloring. Anyway, if I choose not to wear lavender for one reason or another...doesn't mean I don't appreciate its gorgeous hue.

Intriqued by what you have to show us...:) Thank you Tish!

knitpurl said...

Pretty, love others in it, but I just can't wear lavender. I am a grandmother but this color still reminds me of grandmothers of the 1950's. Tish, looking forward to what you've done with your wardrobe. Since reading/following your wonderful blog, my wardrobe is now black, black, navy, cream and gray. What will we be adding? xoxoC.

Anonymous said...

Love this! I don't have anything lavender at the moment, but I certainly would wear it. I look good in pinks, lavenders, ice blue, and seafoam/aqua. And luckily, I'm not afraid to wear color!

---Jill Ann

vicki archer said...

I am with you Tish... but for me , lavender stops at the pashmina.... :) xv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...