Sunday, January 20, 2013

Heading Into the Fields, Not

A view from my office window.
            Charlotte said (believe me I can translate, she's not subtle), "let's go frolicking in the fields like we did yesterday." Of course I'm paraphrasing. We had a grand time in the snow and today there are many inches more and looking out the window as I type the fat flakes continue to fall.

          "OK, OK," I told her, "just let me zip up my boots, and find a hat." Yesterday I didn't need a hat, today I do. While I fussed about Charlotte continued to "talk" to me and jump around to display the urgency in her request.

Charlotte, patiently waiting for me near the gate.
          We headed out the front door, Charlotte in the lead dashing toward the gate -- she always seems to fear the gate might have been moved during the night or I might forget where it was since the last time we exited by that route. I opened the gate, she darted out, turning right toward the fields and then she heard them: gun shots. Hunters in the fields. She spun around, gaining traction and raced back into the garden.

          Charlotte hates guns. She also hates fireworks, anything that goes "bang!". As always, she was quaking with fear and we had to have a long hug before we decided it would be just as much fun playing in the garden.

          Hmmm, next week? Excellent question. Every day you will have something to entertain you in this space, but maybe not every day from me because we're in the midst of last minute decisions about illustrations for the book and deadlines are looming. I may even have a major surprise for you. . .


        Until tomorrow then, Charlotte and I are heading out again.

        I hope you're having a lovely, peaceful Sunday. Thank you for visiting, thank you for commenting, thank you for following, thank you for bringing so much joy into my life.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Tish. It's a pleasure to read everything you write.
Judy

Gam said...

Oh those pics are so beautiful! Enjoy!

hop said...

Little Charlotte is not the only one who hates guns! Also, she looks like a wolf in the one snap; so cute.

It is a truly beautiful winter scene.

beyondbeige said...

I love your posts on your dogs. Makes me smile.

Kaitlyn said...

Miss Charlotte is a very smart lady - I'd run away from gun shots too! Enjoy the beautiful snow. Very jealous of how beautiful your yard looks. Good luck this week! I eagerly await your book!

xoxo Kaitlyn

BigLittleWolf said...

Hoping those last minute items go quickly and smoothly... Meanwhile, Charlotte looks very happy in her wintry country environment!

Bisous.

Amelia said...

Sending hugs to Charlotte. Those deadlines can be stressful, more reasons to get out and take a walk with Charlotte. xx

Young at Heart said...

wow...and now london is turning into a winter wonder land !!

Deborah Flanagan said...

My pups hated the sound of guns as well but they did enjoy a romp in the snow. Miss those days.
Have a productive week my dear.

California Girl said...

We have alot of snow in the northeast and it's a blessing. It drives our economy in winter as we are a three season resort area with many ski areas, restaurants, shoppes and an interdependent service industry dependent on consistent snowfall.

Drea said...

Beautiful! Buzz and I are very jealous! No snow in his park yet this year. xo

Anonymous said...

Does your website have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to send you an email.
I've got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.
Here is my blog ; how to make fast easy money

Lorrie said...

Visiting your site is always a joy. Thank YOU, Tish.

Sue - Over 60 and Over Here! said...

My dog Lisa sends her sympathy to Charlotte - she doesn't like loud bangs either and her weekend walk had to be curtailed because too many fireworks were being let off (we live in Spain, with lots of fiestas, which means lots of noisy fireworks!) Lisa would also like to ask Charlotte what snow is?!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Oh, Edward and Apple would be appalled at the sound of gun shots on a walk! Poor dear Charlotte.
They would, however, be most envious of your beautiful snow!!
xo,
p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...