Thursday, December 13, 2012

News & Views, This & That

Poupées Russes from Lanvin.

          It's late and I'm running off to Paris for an appointment, but didn't want to leave you without at least a tiny bit of entertainment. I think, for the sake of speed and facility I shall forgo transition sentences. Let's see how it goes. . .

          If you're looking for a rather strange, but apparently "in, in, in" holiday gift idea, these Russian dolls "poupées Russes" created by the ever clever Lanvin designer, Alber Elbaz, might be just what your nearest and dearest desires. Price you might wonder? A mere 135 Euros.
Lalique
         For a far more glamourous cadeau, Cristal Vendôme has a collection of 35 perfume flacons -- they really are gorgeous -- from Daum or Lalique for example into which one can pour her very special fragrance. The bottles are truly collectible objets de art and would be every so pretty on a dressing table.
Lalique

Prices range from approximately 185 to 400 Euros.
Let's say, like moi meme, you like statistics -- fun statistics. Operating under that assumption then, here are a few:

        1.) 62 percent of French women apply mascara every morning. (Is that fascinating or what. . .?)

        2.) Only six percent of French women apply sun screen products daily. (Who knew?) Meanwhile, 51 percent of Americans are more responsible, in that regard at least.

        3.) 14 percent of French women wash their hair every day.

        4.) 64 percent of French fashion magazine readers have confidence in the advice offered by beauty editors.  (Little do they know about the pressures of advertising budgets apparently.)

Isn't he/she sweet? 
          As I believe I have mentioned on several occasions, the dog of the moment in Paris and in our part of the countryside is the French bull dog. While perusing J.Crew the other day, i.e. Christmas shopping, I noticed the above sweater was sold out. There was an apology, but no promise of re-stocking with the same breed.        

12 comments:

Déjà Pseu said...

I think French "bouledogues " are starting to be a hot breed here too. I've been seeing more of them around. They're awfully cute. Those perfume flacons are gorgeous.

Karen Albert said...

Tish, I would love to see the entire line of perfume bottles. Truly works of art!

xoxo
Karena
2012 Artists Series

Splenderosa said...

I just have eyelashes applied, so much easier for me. Merry Christmas, darling

Tish Jett said...

I can't believe I just did a "they're" for a "their" -- self-editing can be a pain.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Have fun in Paris...maybe someday we will see street style again..Maybe? Please? I feel validated to know I am not the only one who doesn't wash my hair every day!!

That's Not My Age said...

I'd love a French bull dog & I don't wear sunscreen on a daily basis - so I'm practically Parisian.

Worthington said...

Ooooh I love those Lalique bottles. Very pretty for a vanity/bathroom counter/dresser!

M-T said...

Gosh, I guess that makes me a true Franco-American Mutt...........I wear mascara every day (unless I plan to stay at home) and I apply sun screen every day whether or not I plan to stay at home.

Delightful post and interesting stats.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

OH!
You had me at Paris!
After that anything is gravy!

This is Belgium said...

fun percentages :)

Kathy said...

I've wanted a French bulldog for years, but my husband isn't a fan of pushed in face dogs.
I probably wear mascara 62% of the time.

Md Rajon said...

I am here to tell you that blog commenting is one of the most powerful traffic generation methods around. I believe blog commenting has taken over what traditional article marketing used to be.

Stock Commissions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...