Sunday, December 16, 2012

A French Country Weekend


          Rotten, rainy, windy weather. . . however, the wreaths are on the doors, the tree is waiting to be decorated (drying off in the garage), obscenely sumptuous chocolate dessert ordered from Clarisse whose husband was formerly at the Ritz Hotel in Paris, there's a fire in the fireplace, Diptyque candles are scattered about, so. . . let it rain, let it rain, let it rain. . .

I highly recommend my latest discovery, Baies.
          I'm venturing out with my candles. Normally I only buy Oranger, but I've added the absolutely dee-vine Baies (Berries) to the mix.

          Next week this space will be filled with what I hope you'll find to be delightful surprises and unexpected takes on classical themes. Since I don't know exactly how each day will unfold, I can't give you details today.

          I hope you're having a wonderful weekend and, once again, thank you for visiting, reading, commenting. A demain mes très, très, très chers amis.

9 comments:

Déjà Pseu said...

My "mission" today is to find a nice wreath for the door and a few evergreen sprigs for the mantle. And to dig out my sparkly candles. Enjoy that chocolate dessert!!

catherine said...

I am so wanting winter to arrive. Mid 70s here..out doing yard work. I actually just turned on the AC. Doesnt feel very 'christmasy' here.

Lost in Provence said...

Hey Amir Jamal! Go away! ;)
If there is anything I can do for coming up just let me know but I will need a point and shoot direction.
Bisous,
H

Barbara said...

Lovely wreath. It is rainy and cold here too

helen tilston said...

Hello Tish

You have made your home warm and welcoming and let it rain.

I will be looking for those candles.

Have a great week

Helen xx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amelia said...

Hmmmm...a decadent chocolate dessert, the awesome scents of Diptyque, maybe a warm fire and some wonderful background music. Yes, let it rain. Have a lovely day!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The wreath is lovely!
Everything sounds inviting and serene...even if the rain is falling your weekend must be cozy.

Lorrie Orr said...

You've come up with the perfect antidote to the rainy blues - candles and chocolate. Too bad the chocolate is for later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...