Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Seasonless & Sleeveless: La Robe Rouge

Red dress – Valentino
Ed. Note: My great friend, Janice, creator of one of the best blogs ever -- The Vivienne Files -- is back today proving once again how intelligence and style need never be mutually exclusive. 

Red dress – Valentino, black turtleneck – T by Alexander Wang, scarf – Diane von Furstenberg, boots – Franco Sarto, square scarf – Hermès, cardigan – Rag & Bone, ankle boots – Haider Ackermann

Red dress – Valentino, necklace – Miu Miu, black blazer – Burberry Prorsum, leopard pumps – Jil Sander, denim jacket Meadham Kirchhoff, red flats – Giorgio Armani

Red dress – Valentino, anchor print cardigan – J. Crew, bracelet – Chan Luu, slingbacks – Bandolino, hat – Helene Berman, ring – Kenneth Jay Lane Christian Louboutin

Red dress – Valentino, bracelet – Chanel, sandals – Mossimo, sunglasses – Illesteva, earrings – toosis, espadrilles - Coconuts

Red dress – Valentino, clutch – Anya Hindmarch, blazer – Topshop, pumps – Badgley Mischka, cardigan – Marni, scarf – Monki, flats – Tabitha Simmons

Red dress – Valentino, black suede jacket – Vanessa Bruno, oxfords – Madewell, jacket – Emilio Pucci, earrings – Philippe Ferrandis, ballet flats - Repetto

15 comments:

Francine Gardner said...

My favorite dress was a Michael Kors simple red wool gab. shift, which was also enjoyed by the moths who feasted on it.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

So much fun here...I want the dress, the Rag and Bone Cardigan, and the hat...I would love to live where women wore hats on an every day basis!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always. In the colder months, when showing with shoes (as opposed to boots) would you add opaque tights for warmth? Or nude/sheer pantyhose? Or just goosepimply bare legs?

Janice said...

Tights! In cold weather, tights are essential (at least for me.)

Unknown said...

Black or Grey depending upon the rest of the outfit?

Janice said...

Exactly! Generally cue from the color of the shoes...

BigLittleWolf said...

I live by tights in the cold weather! Tights and beautiful heels or even better - black tights and black hi-heel boots.

And love love love the red! Gorgeous. I have lots of red in my interiors, including my bedroom. J'adore le rouge et le noir en général... ça fait tres Stendhal !

Kathy said...

I'm not a fan of black and red - for some reason I find it very harsh. Prefer reds with gray or certain shades of brown. I have a love/hate relationship with red anyway though, so no one should listen to me about it. It's a very "look at me" color that maybe I wish I had the confidence to wear?

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Red is a mood lifter and I enjoy wearing red shoes...
I'd like to get my mitts on a red Hermes scarf at some point.
The dress looks wonderful but for me that's too bold a statement. I'd love to see this dress worn by someone though, it might change my mind.

Katherine said...

I think the right shade of red works just like black - it goes with everything. Great combinations and lots of inspiration.

That's Not My Age said...

Gorgeous dress- I am very excited about a Valentino exhibition which opens in London at the end of this month.

Anonymous said...

I love red but hate black and red. Sometimes, I think red looks better paired with other neutrals (brown, grey) or with other colors that give it life. I have a red print dress with some yellow in it and the shoes that I love with it are red and yellow sandals.

I think red and cream are beautiful too.

mette said...

I´d like to have a closer look at the Bb blazer..

Karen Albert said...

Tish, yes she has done it again. Normally I would not think "little red dress" This takes it to a whole new level.Love the selection of accessories!

xoxo
Karena
A Special Scalamandre Giveaway

playingwithscarves said...

A little red dress should me considered as a must-have like a LBD! It helps to brighten up our days.
love all these combinations!!!!
xo,
Anne (Playing with Scarves)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...