Friday, November 30, 2012

Pretty Poupées

Pucci
Escada
Chanel (of course).
Chloe
Dior
Jean-Paul Gaultier
Gucci
Dolce & Gabbana
          On Monday, 75 one-of-a-kind dolls (poupées) designed by some of the world's most renowned couturiers and jewelers will be auctioned off at the Petit Palais in Paris to benefit UNICEF's vaccination program for the children of Darfour.

           In the 10 years since the Frimousses de Créateurs (translated something like "Designers' Pretty Little Faces") program was launched, the United Nations has raised 1,527,480 Euros and purchased approximately five million vaccines for Darfour.

          I thought you might like to see what some of the stars from the world of fashion have conjured up for the occasion, based on the theme "Yes Future" (in English).

          As we all know, one-of-a-kind equals collector's item, equals who knows what in the future.

12 comments:

High Heeled Life said...

WOW!!! these are all so brilliant! ,,, The Chanel one ... is my fav!

High Heeled Life said...

WOW!!! these are all so brilliant! ,,, The Chanel one ... is my fav!

mette said...

Cute. Wouldn´t mind having one of these for myself either.
But more than cute, is the cause these dolls are sold for!

Karen Albert said...

Tish these are amazing little Poupees! I love the Pucci!

xoxo
Karena
2012 Artists Feature

Amelia said...

Gorgeous little Poupees. And a very worthy Cause. Hard to decide...a toss up between Dolce & Gabbana and Ms. Barbie. And my vote goes to the home girl, Ms. Barbie...:)

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

What fun! Poupees make me smile...love the Chanel one! Thanks for following my blog!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lorrie Orr said...

Such pretty little poupées. And what a great cause. I hope they sell for many Euros.

Une Femme said...

How fun! Gucci wins my prize for Creativity, but you know I love the Chanel one too.

Elizabeth Eiffel said...

These poupees are are creative way of raising funds for such a worthy cause...........and perhaps a fun activity for children who are "bored" during the holiday season to create themselves!
Bon weekend

BigLittleWolf said...

Very cool.

I must admit, I'd wear that Dior (if it were in black)... And I'd love every minute of it.

What a wonderful idea.

michele said...

soooo cool!

hope you can stop by when you have a moment.

smiles and sunshine to you.

michele

fashion-meets-art said...

oh really nice. too cute!
lovely greets

FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...