Monday, October 22, 2012

Too Beautiful for You



Petals Gone Wild
Ed. Note: My darling Marsi is teasing us today. Look at all these delectable delicacies, delicious in every sense of the word. . . but chances are we're in the wrong geographic marketplace.  For the moment she offers us eye candy. Perhaps fulfillment is merely a question of time -- and patience.


Leave it to French macaron god Ladurée ... 


... to make something as unabashedly womanly and feminine as cosmetics and push it, all boomps-a-daisy, straight over the top and deep into Marie-Antoinette territory.

Yes, please!

Les Merveilleuses de Ladurée (The Wonders of Ladurée) is Ladurée's new cosmetics line, in collaboration with Japanese cosmetics company Albion. 



... with "Japanese" being the operative word here, because unfortunately, unless you live in the Land of the Rising Sun, you're not likely to get your hands on these beauties for a while. The line is exclusive to Japan ... for now. 


Ladurée's outpost at Takashimaya.
Straight out of a fairy tale.

And that, mes amies, is a shame, because will you just look at these pieces? Can't you just picture a collection of these gorgeous little keepsakes embellishing your vanity? 


Sugar bowl case for the Rose Face Color Ladurée. 
Petals sold separately.
3150¥ = $39.71.
I'd love to have this case ... to keep my secrets in. ;o)

This is the refill you purchase separately,
then delicately place the petals of blush into the sugar bowl.
7350
¥ = $92.65. 
(Good grief, can than be right?!)

Beautiful Cream Cheek Color in a delightful egg cup case.
4410¥ = $55.50.


Powder blush in a cameo case. Exquisite.
Case and blush refill sold separately, naturally.
Case, 1575
¥ = $19.85 (ok, not bad.)
Refill, 3900
¥ = $49.16 (ouch!)


Lipstick, available in seven shades. 
Look at the beautiful bijou at the end. It's all in the details ....
4410¥ = $55.59

Holiday collection 2012
Limited editions abound ...


Like this ...

... and this.


A darling bag for your treats.


Rose-scented soap for your bath. 

Rose and Violet lip balms.
The ne plus ultra in chapstick.

Truly, these are treasures fit for a queen. What's your favorite?



That wasn't enough Ladurée for you? Here's more -- and unlike the makeup, the peeks are for free.














If that isn't pretty, then I don't know what is.

Wait. One more last nibble for you.

Bon appetit!

19 comments:

Mademoiselle Poirot said...

Oh, I can't wait for these to (hopefully) come to Ladurée in London one day.Not sure if I'd actually use them or just stare at them... :-)

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

True eye candy!! Thanks for the tour!

Sandy @ You May Be Wandering said...

Oh my goodness - what a lovely post! I adore Laduree - not only the delicious macarons but their entire packaging and branding concept. The beauty line is simply gorgeous! I wonder if any of the Japanese goods will end up on eBay for the rest of us to enjoy (although they are quite pricey). Thanks SO much for sharing!!

Kathy Leeds said...

Very pretty, but I prefer sleek, modern designs for cosmetics - not sure why. I imagine that they've started the kick-off in Japan, as there designs are slightly kitschy actually, a grownup version of Hello Kitty (of which I was a fan.)

Barbara Lilian said...

Lovely to look at, so I think I'd just buy the case & admire it every day, but leave the refill on the shelf, too expensive.

Val Sparkle said...

I love the look of all the different colors of macarons - would love to taste them all!

The lipstick with the charm on the end has charmed me. I wonder if I could do something like that to my Revlon lipsticks?

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I want it all!
Swooning from here...

BigLittleWolf said...

These look beautiful and delectable! Would we all feel a bit royal if we consumed one or two - let them eat macaroons instead of let them eat cake?

(Or was it actually brioche?)

Delightful post, Marsi!

webb said...

Makes one want to pack a bag for Toyko ... or Paris!

cheeky rose said...

Ooh so pretty, so yummy

That's Not My Age said...

Lovely. But I can't believe they don't sell this stuff in Paris/London - guess I'll have to stick with the macarons.

Amelia said...

Marsi, Marsi, Marsi how can you expect a girl to go back to eating moon pies after seeing all these awesome macroons and wonderments from Laudree. I've gained 5 pounds just from looking at all these delicacies.

A Well Styled Life said...

Beautiful. Drooling just abit on my chin here. I love the check color in egg cup the best.

knitpurl said...

How beautiful especially when many of us are experiencing gloomy Fall weather. Oh those macaroons....

Duchesse said...

Still using one of those pale green Ladurée boxes years later, to hold chocolate bars. They are almost indestructible, built like luggage. The new confection here is the classic macaron but with a gelato centre (yes, kept in freezer till served.)

California Girl said...


Confectioners & Maquillage under one roof? By the same company? Unbelievable!

When I see images this beautiful, I succumb. Is everything better in France?

Carol said...

Goodness me, how exquisite the packaging is, it has a fairytale quality that l love. Thank you for sharing these images Marsi.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm thrilled to say that Laduree has just opened in Sydney, Australia. Heavens knows when the cosmetics range comes to town. But all things come to those who wait.

xoxox.

wellfedfred said...

A few years ago Ladurée did a collaboration with Givenchy and the result was a limited-edition gray-lavender mascara that was the prettiest shade I've ever worn. There was also a divine lipstick. I didn't bother buying the macaroons.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...