Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sleeveless & Seasonless: Grey

Grey cotton dress - Thakoon
Janice the genius, that's what I've come to call her. We had our little conversation about dressing for all seasons, as in taking a central piece -- today the Thakoon little grey dress, sleeveless at that (!) -- and proving seasons don't exist, rules are made to be broken. If you want more of Janice (who wouldn't?) click here please:      The Vivienne Files.

Grey cotton dress – Thakoon, grey turtleneck – Vanessa Bruno, grey scarf, boots – Santoni, square scarf – Hermès, cardigan – Malene Birger, leggings – Romwe, ankle boots - Topshop

Grey cotton dress – Thakoon, necklace – Swarovski, blazer – Rag & Bone, pumps – Jimmy Choo, sweatshirt/denim jacket – Jet by John Eshaya, brooch – Georg Jensen, silver flats – Gianvito Rossi

Grey cotton dress – Thakoon, pink cardigan – Ralph Lauren, bracelet – Swarovski, slingbacks – Isaac Mizrahi, hat – John Lewis, ring – Lagos, pumps – Mint Velvet

Grey cotton dress – Thakoon, bracelets – Target, sandals – Del Rio, sunglasses – Ray Ban, stud earrings – Judith Jack, espadrilles - Target

Grey cotton dress – Thakoon, clutch – Buba London, blazer – 3.1 Phillip Lim, pumps – Gucci, cardigan – Zadig & Voltaire, scarf – Burberry, suede flats – Salvatore Ferragamo

Grey cotton dress – Thakoon, blazer – Chloe, flats – Lanvin, cardigan – Paul by Paul Smith, earrings – Georg Jensen, sandals – Pelle Moda

18 comments:

helen tilston said...

I love it. Practical and a go to item.
I love the concept of one dress

Have a brilliant day. Today it would have to be worn like January here.(brrr.)

Helenxx

rebecca said...

I'm SO excited! Would you believe I have a grey, sleeveless cotton dress?!?

The enchanted home said...

Limitless!! Love gray and how you paired it to create so many fabulous looks!! You need a book!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Really like the soft colors you introduced into this collection!

knitpurl said...

Beautiful combos, like the previous posts. Like sleeveless dress because it wouldn't show that midriff bulge. Shoes also get a positive vote from me.

Kristien62 said...

How I wish I could afford the Thakoon. But I will be looking for a grey shift like this. Love the idea of pairing it with a heavy sweater which would carry me through the cold Central NY winters. Lovely.

And, Tish, will you be doing any Out and About in the Country posts? I miss seeing what the lovely ladies of your village are wearing.

Pondside said...

I love it all and would never have thought of so many of these looks. I'm very happy to have found your posts.

Linda Kerr said...

Such a simple dress. Don't pay all that money. Find a good seamstress and the best fabric! (Or sew it yourself. )

Amelia said...

Never said this before, but I'll wear everything in this layout, if I can afford to buy all of them. Too bad, too sad, not on the budget. But a girl can look, dream and copy...:)

merci!

Amelia

lilac and old roses said...

I love that grey dress and all the combinations, inspiring! Janex

SewingLibrarian said...

I agree with Linda, above. This is a very simple dress to make. If I were copying this wardrobe, I would give the dress more shape. Easy-peasy.

Karen Albert said...

I wear a lot of grey so this is just perfect. Lots of new ideas for accessories!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

That's Not My Age said...

Think Janice should definitely change the name of her blog to 'Janice the Genius.' That grey Thakoon dress is gorgeous, I'd wear it with opaque tights and boots.

Anonymous said...

Very nice.

If you were looking for a similar dress, what fabric would you choose?

mette said...

Liking the gray simplicity of the dress.

SewingLibrarian said...

Anon at 8:41, the caption says cotton, but with that drapiness, the fabric may have some rayon in it. Also, it looks like a knit to me, but it's hard to tell from the photo. For durability I would choose a woven cotton or a light weight wool. Cotton knits can start to look dreary after a few seasons. Think of cotton knit tee shirts. I hope this helps.

Kathy Leeds said...

Love the Gucci cardigan - of course.

Anonymous said...

It's slub knit, 100% cotton.
Janice pointed me towards lagarconne.com and that's what the description says

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...