Sunday, September 23, 2012

Next Week or La Semaine Prochaine


Since we're always completely honest entre-nous, n'est-ce pas (?); I must tell you, I have only a vague idea of what will fill this space next week.

Thank the heavens for Janice who has provided me/us with more capsule wardrobe ideas. How does she do it? I think she has a real career opportunity in creating and then s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g out a small wardrobe's possibilities. Wouldn't many of us sign on?

Maybe my darling Marsi will have another brilliant value-added idea.

And, let's hope a surprise or two.

My "baby" is arriving tomorrow so as you can imagine that's where my time and energy will be focused. We haven't seen each other since last Christmas and this trip means for only the second time in our lives, we won't be spending next Christmas together.

My challenge will be to live in the moment and not keep doing, as is my wont, a count down on how many days we have left before she leaves.

Weather Report:  Another beautiful, sunny fall day.

4 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Let me encourage you to live in the moment and take one day at a time...tomorrow will worry about itself!

SE said...

Oh, Tish, I know exactly what you mean. My 'baby' was going to fly back to NYC and several days before she left she asked, "Are you ok? You seem...sort of forlorn." I realized I'd been saying to myself 'she'll be gone in 3 days....' I felt bad that I was letting the future intrude on our fun- but it's so hard to stay in the now!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I imagine that you will make the most of every minute when your "baby" is there with you. What a highlight for you this week.

Skype is a wonderful way to keep in touch.
Many of my friends see and talk with their children and grand children every day using Skype.
It seems quite rare that offspring stay in the same town as their parents, we being the exception...so far anyways.

ELS said...

Gulp. Lots of hugs to you xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...