Sunday, September 30, 2012

A French Country Weekend


Red grapes were my wish upon a fruit choice this weekend. (You know, new fruit of the year and a wish.) I continue with my single obsession.

Last night we had a roasted chicken which gave Andrea and me the opportunity to make yet another wish. She won, but I think we have a similar hope.

After she leaves -- tomorrow morning, the time flew of course (I refuse to be sad today) -- I'll have fewer magazines, the beginnings of a better organized closet and various other systems I had in place that she immediately made more efficient.

But as you pointed out, I will still have something very, very special: Nestlé Dessert Café Chocolate which can be whipped up into a mousse. It's nouveau it says on the wrapper and honestly it's to die for. One drawback, it's a little too sweet so I would recommend tossing in some 70% dark chocolate or maybe some instant coffee. Or making it half-and-half: coffee and dark chocolate.

Weather Report: One of those days that makes one fall in love with autumn all over again and for those of us who count it as our favorite season, today would support our argument for anyone who might doubt our choice.

10 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

That image of those grapes looks surreal...
I love how you have captured the glow.

I agree that you must savour your day...
living in the moment is something we often forget.
It's so easy to think and plan ahead and forget what is right in front of us.

Une Femme said...

That image of the grapes is just lovely. Did you take that picture. I'm hoping all of yours and Andrea's wishes come true.

BigLittleWolf said...

The grapes are beautiful, but my mind is on that combination of coffee and dark chocolate...

:-)

kabayoz said...

Time flies when you're with the ones you love.

Gorgeous looking red grapes. Hope yours and Andrea's wishes both come true!

Vicki said...

I don't always comment but I always, always read your blog. Thank you for posting such a wonderful variety of things, from fashion, to good reads, thoughts about life and aging; just so genuine and real. I'm not a mother, but I can get a sense of love for your daughter through your words; it's very poignant. It must be difficult to not have everyone close to your nests. I've experienced a bittersweet scattering of cousins and friends over the years, too, as we all search for the right jobs, the better place to live, etc. Right now, you're making me yearn for Paris in autumn; I only saw it in the spring. Warm thoughts as you bid adieu to your daughter til next time.

Elizabeth Eiffel said...

Sadly I've had to leave autumn in France for work and my "real life" in Australia. The "upside" is that I now am back online with a regular internet connection and can visit your wonderful blog again. Bonne semaine

Karena said...

Oh I have been enjoying grapes a lot lately, fresh snack.

The Nestle Cafe Chocolate for mouse sounds so delish!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Autumn is my favorite season and will always be...no matter the weather outside. And, coffee mixed with the chocolate sounds so good right now! Have a fabulous week, Tish!

helen tilston said...

Hello Tish

It is always a little sad when a friend departs. Andrea sounds like a great guest.
Have a glorious week and may your wishes come true

Helenxx

Rosemary Grimm said...

You must try the recipe posted on the Barefoot Contessa using grapes and sausage. It's unusual and delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...