Saturday, July 21, 2012

A French Country Weekend


Nature is a wonderful thing. Take these wild plums for example. We are inundated with them this year. They grow unattended at the far end of our garden, their branches desperately reaching out for the sun and then they deliver a bounty of fruit.

Even the birds can't keep up with them the way they did with every-single-one of our pitiful crop of cherries.

We also have plum trees which we water, feed, spray (non-toxic, bio friendly of course), visit and encourage. We are anticipating approximately 15 plums from two trees, again assuming we get to them before the birds.

All of this is to tell you that this week I've made my wish -- always the same one -- on our wild plums. They're tiny, but they're tasty.  If my wish comes true, I'll tell you what it was.

A demain mes tres, tres chers amis.

4 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Tish under your tender loving care those plum trees must yield a sweet harvest.
Enjoy your French country weekend.
I hope your wish comes true!

Catherine Robinson said...

They look gorgeous, Tish...a basket of fruit always looks so inviting...I hope your wish comes true ;-)
Would you be kind enough to change my url on your blog list the link you have for me goes straight to my website my new blog address is:
http://www.cashmerelover.com/
Thank you, Tish - have a wonderful weekend.
Catherine
xx

kathy said...

I love plums. Strange sometimes how unattended things flourish, and things given so much attention don't.

Belle de Ville said...

Ah, those plums look perfect for a tarte or compote.
I just planted straberries and blackberries and I'm hoping that they do as well as your plum tree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...