Sunday, June 24, 2012

Next Week or La Semaine Prochaine



Deadlines are approaching, panic is encroaching, choices are limited. From this day forward, I must do nothing but write, write, write my book.

With all the information I've amassed, my day-to-day experiences in this magnificent country, and the interviews I've collected, I can tell you that I've made discoveries that have surprised and delighted me. That's why I must write them so that I can share with you.

The way I look at it, if I've been in this business of fashion/lifestyle/beauty reporting for more years than we need to quantify at this moment and I've learned new tricks and treats, chances are you too will be surprised by what I'll tell you.


That being said, it's time for me to organize and attack. An amazingly talented young French illustrator has just signed her contract with Rizzoli and she and I will plot our complicity which will include the logistics of what goes where,  and how to best show, tell and amuse through her designs designed to compliment the words.

Now you have the back story or the forward story in this case which means I must -- as much as I hate to do this because I'm addicted to you --write fewer posts. I think most of the time three will be my limit and of course I'm always counting on the kindness of friends to help me accomplish that number.

You know how much you mean to me and how you have -- without being trite -- changed my life in ways you cannot even imagine.

A la semaine prochaine my dearest, darling friends.

24 comments:

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

Things sound exciting Tish and I'm so pleased for you. I've put my book on the back burner for a year mainly because of time constraints, so I understand fully.

I don't know how you did daily posts. I seem to only find the time to do weekly. Do what works best for you and your schedule and know that we'll be here, so don't worry about us.

Can't wait to read your book!
Hugs,
Sam

The Silver Bunny said...

Bon courage et au plaisir de lire votre livre !

Rebecca said...

Right on! (Or that SHOULD be Write On!) I know it will be marvelous.

Jules said...

How exciting!!! I do believe we can put up with only a few posts a week if our reward is a book!!!!!!!

déjà pseu said...

Tish, I KNOW this book is going to be amazing. You're rounding the last bend, and heading into the home stretch. One foot in front of the other and before you know it, you'll be across that finish line!

Anonymous said...

Perfectly understandable, and a perfect plan of action. It's going to be a wonderful book, Tish!

xoxoxo --
Marsi

kathy peck said...

Wow Tish - so amazing. I remember when this book was just a thought. I'll be here if you don't post at all until you're done. Not sure how you've kept up as well as you have. xo

BigLittleWolf said...

Write, write, write! (And try not to stress... je sais, je sais... comment ne pas stresser?

We all understand, and look forward to reading your glorious book!

Bon courage!

Villette said...

Tish, I really, really want to see this book, so if doing with (far, alas) fewer posts from you is the price, so be it. Abandon everything except YRFLIF and your dogs and get to it!

Splenderosa said...

My darling friend, WRITE !!!
We will wait for you, do not worry.
And, I want a big stack of these books, all signed by you, when it is published. I will give them to all my Texas, NYC & California girlfriends...and they will be so jealous that I know YOU. Oh, I wish I could do something to help you, even cook you a nice dinner....

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Just do it Tish...
I'll be here waiting in the wings and I hope that you'll give us the chance to buy your book through your blog when it's finished.

Anonymous said...

Tish,

It's so exciting to know that you're at this stage and the interviews are
morphing into an illustrated book.

Eyes on the prize, Tish. I can hardly wait to get my hands on your book. I'm sticking around now and later.
Jeannie

carolyn bradford said...

It sounds amazing to me to be doing what you are doing! I'm so glad I've found your blog and look forward to however many posts you decide to write! Can't wait to see the book!

Ruth said...

Good luck with the project! We will still be here when you are done and we will be anxiously awaiting the finished product....

Class factotum said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! It will be available on amazon.com, right?

kabayoz said...

If fewer blogs mean more time to write your book, I'm with you 100%. So very happy for you and looking forward to buying a copy when its done.

Lily Lemontree said...

For something as fantastic as your book, we will all be patient and enjoy your super posts when they appear!!
Can't wait!!
xo

Carol said...

Tish, we will love whatever you get a chance to post. your writing is way more important right now..

Can't wait for the book to be published

Coco Love said...

I'll be still here waiting patiently for you to finish your book.

Good writing:)

sanda said...

And you mean a great deal to me! Yours is the very first blog I began reading, and it was you who inspired me to start my own! So no worries, I'll always be right here to see what my blogging mentor is up to. Can't wait for the book!

Lost in Provence said...

Go, go, go!!! You can do it Tish!!! We all believe in you and are crazily excited about your book. I am happy to send in a dispatch from Provence if ever you are in a bind and I am sure many others would do the same. :)
Gros bisous et COURAGE!!!

SE said...

I am so excited about this book that I will put up with whatever sort of blog-cutback you must do. It sounds exactly like the kind of book I keep hoping to find, but never do.... Happy, happy writing!

Fly Away Home said...

A book! Fabulous! I will be in line to get a copy from the first release!

I am fairly new to your blog. I now follow it religiously and it's the first one I open every morning.

Tish Jett said...

Oh, you are all so wonderful. I am so very, very lucky.

Thank you, thank you!

xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...