Thursday, June 21, 2012

News & Views, This & That

Bi-colored leather from Sud-Express.
You often, and rightly so, point out that I'm not much of a "pop of color" sort of girl. For example, in the abstract, I like the idea of yellow, particularly sunny yellow walls which unfortunately we do not have in our house, but that's another story.
A summery twist on Vanessa Bruno's iconic tote. This time out they're in linen with sorbet colored sequins.

Sac from Mellow Yellow.
As I was saying, yellow, there is no way under the sun I could wear yellow except perhaps a bag like  these featured in French Elle. I could imagine yellow ballerinas and a discreet use of the tone in a scarf perhaps. That's it for me.

Dabbling in dangerous colors is, as we all know, the beauty of accessories.

Eau What A Difference a Brand Makes




Once again, you are au courant about my -- oh, well let's be frank -- obsession with mineral waters both externally and internally.

I am such an expert on the subject that I actually have a preference of one over the other for the two major seasons which I divide like this: spring/summer and fall/winter. In the cool months I like Eau Thermal Avène and yes, I know, I've told you this before, but not in this context.

In the hot months I prefer Eau Thermale La Roche-Posay. It's the difference between a spritz and a mist if you get my drift.

La Roche-Posay is a delightful mist.

Total Body Exfoliation Made Easy




Thanks once again to my wonderful, wonderful friend who does nothing but spoil me -- she of the NARS and Essie nail polishes (see Tuesday's post) -- I now have the solution to the once elusive possibility of having a complete body exfoliation experience in my very own shower.

As I've told you, I've had a couple of "totals" in spas, but trying to sluff one's back is, as far as I know, impossible. Yes, I fully realize one could ask for assistance from a willing partner for example, but that's not always the best solution for a myriad of reasons we don't need to explore here and now.

Back on message: My friend sent me an Exfoliating Hydro Towel which smoothes and polishes the skin and because it is three feet by one foot it reaches every millimetre of the flip side of the body. It's not too abrasive and not at all an annoyingly namby-pamby waste of time.

You suds it up with your favorite soap or gel and you are now experiencing the next best thing to being in a spa.

10 comments:

That's Not My Age said...

Think I need a simple leather tote - though I have a red canvas bag that's very similar to the Vanessa Bruno sequin tote, which I keep meaning to resurrect - it's high street but no one will know!

Anonymous said...

Funny you say that, because I've realized I'm not a pop-of-color person either. More and more, I'm gravitating toward neutrals in my scarves, gloves, shoes, ... I wonder how this happens?

But my house? One giant pop of color. Most of the walls are a very cheery, orange-y yellow. And we have some red walls, green, tobacco ... and a fuchsia powder room.

xoxox --
Marsi

Pearl said...

I love Earth Therapeutics products. This one, I've missed but looks great. And yes, color: last summer I carried an orange tote all season. Got lots of compliments on it, and was happy because I can't/won't wear orange. But as a bag? Perfect. Note: I've noticed a tremendous amount of orange and yellow in blistering hues in Paris, both on the racks and on young girls. I think those are the two places those colors work.

mette said...

Vanessa Bruno comes with a lot of those same bags, too many of the same kind.
Yellow is not my color either, though baby yellow is cute!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I've seen quite a few linen totes this season...
not planning to buy one though tempting as they are.

That exfoliating cloth sounds like it would keep one soft in between spa visits...
not unlike like the clairsonic which has been helping women keep their skin in tip top shape between facials.

I've recently purchased a large bottle of Avene spring water mist the smaller ones are great for travel but the big one is such a bargain.

Anonymous said...

Loved your comment on "dangerous" colors! It's memorable and quotable.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! But nothing, I mean nothing, comes close to the Japanese Salux cloth for exfoliating and the most heavenly bathing experience you'll ever have! It looks similar to the one you have but if you want the "real thing" you've got to try the Salux! Can hundreds and hundreds of reviews be wrong? I order mine online for $6 each and they arrive in 2 days. If you do try, please be sure to get the Genuine Salux. There are a lot of imposters out there!
Love your blog! :-) Trish

BigLittleWolf said...

I love that first bag, and a pop of color is just right when your preference is neutrals - not to mention, the all-powerful black.

I find it hard to wean myself off the beauty of beige, grey, and black (even in summertime), and color in the accessories is a great way to do it.

M-T said...

I hear this a lot from clients, "I can't wear yellow; it's not a good color for me."

Trust me, Tish, the perfect shade of yellow is out there for you.

Some day I hope to have the pleasure of choosing it for you.

helen tilston said...

Hello Tish

I agree with you. I love yellow for interior walls but I cannot wear as an item of clothing. I love those linen bags and the 1 foot by 3 foot exfoliating towel sounds like a must.
Hope you have a delightful weekend

Helen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...