Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother of the Betrothed Goes HOT



A perfect dress -- details below -- to couple with the perfect bolero. What more could the MOB (or MOG)  want, except perfect happiness for the betrothed of course?

My great friend, Janice, creator of the absolutely divine blog, The Vivienne Files, is back again today with  our continuing series on dressing the mothers of the betrothed. This week the wedding is in Provence. Provence calls for color and as you can see, she has once again pulled together another swoon worthy wardrobe.
Bolero - Vionnet

ClutchPoupee, garnet earrings – Macy’s, Black top – Tibi, lace skirt – Moschino Cheap & Chic, sandals – Maison Martin Margiela, Red dress – Vince, red stud earrings – Wallis Fashion, slingbacks – Costume National

Bracelet – Tattooed Steel, red sandals – Costume National, Black tank – VINCE, Red capris – Marc by Marc Jacobs, sunglasses – Yves Saint Laurent, cowl tank – Weekend by Maxmara, walking shorts – Lord & Taylor, bracelet – Carolee, espadrilles – Bank Fashion

12 comments:

Kristien62 said...

These are gorgeous! I would love to have this selection as a summer wardrobe. I would add white capris and a few T's and I would be good to go.

Karena said...

Tish Vivienne always amazes me with her ensembles; no matter what the color palette. I would love her to do a closet makeover for me!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

BigLittleWolf said...

Love love love the red! (And I see no reason why mother of the betrothed... or any other woman couldn't pull these off.)

I will say (ahem), I need my slightly higher heel, s'il vous plait.

But gorgeous!

Lost in Provence said...

That is fantastic and utterly appropriate for Provence too! At least in Arles. We are in high wedding season and I can tell you this is exactly the look--body-hugging dresses and heels galore. Let alone red for Arles--just ask Christian Lacroix--it's his home town!

The-Countrypolitan said...

Great ensembles... I would absolutely were them!

~Terri

kathy peck said...

Beautiful. Love the bolero in particular.

vicki archer said...

A very fabulous outfit for mother of the bride... Such great summer colours... xv

Gail said...

Brilliant combinations. I love everything...but I'm not sure that, even in Provence, the mother of the GROOM could get away with an upstaging red-hot dress for the wedding ceremony. It's a long, long way from "wear beige and keep your mouth shut." Speaking as a former MOG here. :)

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Do you know Tish, I LOVE clothes but, I'm hopeless when it comes to dressing for weddings. We are going to a wedding in a couple of weeks and I am wonderfing what to wear. I love that red dress and, with an unusual ( I love the unusual !!) jacket, it would look lovely.
How's the book going by the way ? Hope it's all falling into place.
....and, many thanks for your lovely comment today....I was doing a bit of mummy bragging !!!! XXXX

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

That jacket is great...love the colors!

Carol said...

Fabulous choices. l love the dress and bolero combination.. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous !

ann.about.town said...

Quite dramatic! The jacket reminds me of a ladybug. I think you would need plenty of chutzpah to carry it off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...