Monday, April 23, 2012

April in Paris: Neutral, with Texture

Hermès, of course.
Neutrals built on a black base -- so perfectly Parisian. My pal, the creator of The Vivienne Files, continues her series on dressing for April in Paris. Luckily she included a raincoat because, as I've said, all it does is rain these days. We've also been treated to spurts of hail. Still, the sun breaks through for a few hours between the showers making Paris and the countryside sparkle with fresh spring color.

Cream wool cardigan – Paul Smith, black pearl and diamond stud earrings – Blue Nile, Black knit pants – Donna Karan, back cashmere scarf – Barneys New York, tee shirt – Dorothy Perkins, Trench –- Day Birger et Mikkelsen, bag – Marc by Marc Jacobs, loafers - Asos

Sunglasses- Ray-Ban’s, Printed silk tee – Michael Michael Kors, stars tee shirt – Mulberry, brass & pearl braceletLanvin, white tee shirt – MTWTFSS, Crinkle fabric skirt – Proenza Schouler, striped tee – Saint James, black cardigan Day Birger et Mikkelsen, pearl stud earrings – Astley Clarke, diamond and gold stud earrings – Minor Obsessions, black crepe capris – Alexander McQueen, crocheted tee – Miss Selfridge, dress – Weekend by Maxmara, straw and leather clutch – Windsor Store, Square scarves (Les Clefs, et Jeux d’Ombres) – Hermès, black patent flats – Salvatore Ferragamo, black & beige flat sandals – Tod’s





20 comments:

Francine Gardner said...

Great combinations! If only I could be so efficient at packing...

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Very helpful...great selections!

Cheryl said...

I love the organization, and the stylizing. Nice post! Now I just have to remember it when I need it!!

That's Not My Age said...

Oh I'm a big fan of neutrals & this is a lovely selection - just had a moan about prissy pastels on my blog today!

Bea said...

The lady who writes the Vivienne Files is a genious, love her blog!

I will use the ideas in this post for my summer capsule wardrobe. Thank you so much for your help!

Katherine said...

I love that the 'morning after a night out' combination had great sunglasses to disguise the effects of last nights fun.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I love Hermes scarves and they add so much flair to any outfit. These selections are divine!

cafelatte said...

Lovely! I wonder about the shoes, though. Maybe I'm just less well made for long walks in a city, but I think my feet would be very sore by the end of a full day of looking in any of those.
Any brilliant suggestions for more cushiony, yet not hideous options?

Worthington said...

I love these outfits - you can never go wrong with neutrals blended together and the Hermes scarf really does tie them all together.

Anonymous said...

Yours and the The Vivienne Files are the two blogs I look for (and can't wait to read) everyday! They're always inspirational and oh so stylish. In fact, you each have your own saved photo file on my computer for later referencing, so I never need to wonder what I'm going to wear for any occasion. A million thank you's for sharing and making it so easy! Trish

Lilly Forever! said...

Such an excellent post! I so enjoy your post and The Vivienne Files blog. Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful "April In Paris" outfit ideas!

Cornelia said...

So stylish! Love this blog as well as Vivienne's. Being a woman of certain age, both of you are the sound of reason (and good taste) among a lot of fashion nonsense. Thanks.

Kristien62 said...

Saving this post for my Ireland trip in the fall. My black basics and few elegant additions will serve me well. Thanks to Vivienne and to you for these very helpful and enjoyable posts.

webb said...

Yet another winner!

BigLittleWolf said...

Love these ensembles... Perfect for this time of year. (And the heels?)

helen tilston said...

Beautiful selection and how nicely it all mixes and matches. One can also travel light which is so attractive. It means we can have room in our suitcase to shop.

Many thanks

Helen xx

Anonymous said...

I love all of this! I want those black and white loafers, but can't find them - any help?

Anonymous said...

I think you've made a mistake here! French women take care of their clothes - I don't think they would wear the same dress for a night out and then again the next day! Clothes need to be brushed down and hung back in the armoire to regain their shape and get an airing before being worn again! Also, too much black with not enough 'pop' colours.

Kathleen Lisson said...

Beautiful outfits!

lrlincks said...

Ok, dumb question here........is this supposed to be for a week long trip? : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...