Saturday, February 18, 2012

A French Country Weekend



Sadly, the snows have melted and left us with muck in the garden and muddy paws in the house. You know what I mean. My-Reason-For-Living-In-France and I have mucky, muddy feet which are clad with removable boots or shoes. The girls -- count 'em eight paws -- are always covered in the stuff.

Bright note: Non-stop sun.


I'm about to head out to the market to find vegetables and see what flowers are available this week. Pictured above are a couple of the bouquets from last Saturday.

I hope you have a perfectly lovely weekend.

A demain for the weekly line-up.

10 comments:

helen tilston said...

Hello Tish

A trip to the market is always uplifting and making a floral and vegetable selection is joyful.

Hoping the sun dries up the mud.

Wishing you a great weekend

Helen xx

Alexandra P said...

A trip to the market in France is a romantic treat, yet I am banned from buying food at the market in the UK as my husband is convinced it has all been treated with radiation and is the leftovers that no one else wanted.

Karena said...

Tish, Would love to be there going to market with you!! The pops of red flowers are very cheering in your images!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

BigLittleWolf said...

Flowers, light, and fresh produce. All so important this time of year! (Perhaps I'll address my current lack of two out of three today, having viewed your lovely bouquet vignettes.)

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

You have really inspired me to have more fresh flowers around..it was so nice to have them in my classroom all week from Valentine's Day!! Enjoy the market!

Anna Mavromatis said...

Oh, les coquelicots rouge...
So beautiful!!!

24 Corners said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Are they Anemone's?
xo J~

NYC, Style and a little Cannoli said...

Hope you are having a great weekend!
Just really enjoying your blog and it's daily inspiration.


www.nycstylelittlecannoli.com

Tish Jett said...

Yes, red, red anemones.

Thank you so much NYC.

Karena, any time. . .

Alexandra, that is hilarious -- radioactive veggies.

sanda said...

The bouquets I made for the house yesterday included various daffodils with Christmas Rose hellebores -- a stunning combination even if I do say so myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...