Saturday, February 11, 2012

A French Country Weekend




Finally, last night I found the red anemones I've been looking for for weeks. My florist promised me she would have them for me and, as always, she came through. I'll make my bouquets after I return from the market where I shall buy soup ingredients:


Celery
Celery root
Leeks



Carrots
One onion

Baby turnips
A handful of fresh baby spinach
Fresh herbs

I already have the stock from this week's chicken so all is well. It is absolutely freeeeeezing here which calls for soup, fire in the fireplace, candles, sweaters and two dogs. All around my idea of a perfect Saturday evening at home.

Will show you my bouquets next week and tomorrow I will tell you the weekly round-up. Until then, I hope you are having a beautiful weekend in all the ways that make you happy.

A demain. I'm off.

11 comments:

webb said...

I want to reach thru my screen and grab your anemones! So pretty and so NOT available here. Am going to have to kidnap a florist to get decent blooms ... wonder what that involves... ?

BigLittleWolf said...

The flowers are lovely. And it's always very special to have a potager, to be able to grow even a few fresh herbs closeby.

Looking forward to hearing more...

déjà pseu said...

Your soup-sweater-fireplace evening sounds lovely! Hope the anemones are as stunning as those in the picture.

A bientot! ;-)

Cheryl said...

The snow is coming down, and reading your post has motivated me to do some cooking today. The house will smell yummy, a fire in the fireplace, with the snow coming down... and the pups, of course!

L'Elégante said...

J'adore les anémones.
Bon week-end.
Fine.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Homemade soup, red anemones and a country home with a fire sounds like the perfect ingredients for a fabulous weekend!
Stay warm and enjoy!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Sounds like a perfect evening! The flowers are beautiful!!

helen tilston said...

Those flowers will bring colour and joy to your home and the ingredients for your soup look delicious.
The wind is howling here tonight in Florida and and colder temps but still in the 60's and sunny tomorrow.

My best and Happy Valentines

Helen xx

Julienne said...

I don't understand this year! You are freezing (but sound wonderfully comfortable) and frankly so are we...and this is our summer!!!!!
I cannot justify a fire when we are supposed to be 110 degrees in the shade!!!!

Shirley said...

Your soup is definitely gonna turn out great. :D I can imagine drinking soup by the fireplace in the cold weather and just cuddling in blankets. C'est la vie.

Vicki Lee Johnston said...

Am painting vegetables at the moment ... turnips ... love vegetable soup!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...