Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Fashion Challenge

Jean-Charles Castelbajac whom I ordinarily hate, but this snappy jacket is just what a late winter wardrobe needs.    Imagine it with the Mulberry bag below. I know, isn't it fab-u-lous? (I'm taking the pants as well. . .)

Recently I was asked to choose five (!) and only five items of apparel and/or accessories that I would buy right this minute. In other words, something that would add zest to an existing wardrobe -- mine -- and if the stars were aligned, on markdown with my size still waiting for me.

All this is alas virtually speaking, but even so I must admit I had a very, very, very difficult time culling down to five. (When the post on my choices appears on Women's Voices For Change I will let you know.)

My dream bag, the Mulberry Alexa.
Still, the nagging feeling that I left some really good pieces in the dressing room has finally summoned me back to pick them up on the sly.

Ralph Lauren. Isn't this coat elegant?
Unfortunately with my current social calendar I didn't even choose from the myriad delicious evening gowns out there -- to do so would have been a waste of my virtual budget and I like to think of myself as practical, yet whimsical, ever elegant, yet practical. I want bang for my Euro even if we're playing in Fantasyland.

Celine. I'm assuming -- well it's my blog after all, I can assume anything I wish --that all three pieces count as one. That's how I'm counting them. It's called "new math."
Celine. Another one of those not easy to find, but perfect LBDs to add to the closet . If only. . .   I could wear it with either of the coats and the jacket and, of course, the Mulberry bag would give it just the snap (!) it might need on occasion.
Here then are the clothes, and the one accessory, that got away.

21 comments:

Kathy said...

I like the other bag better (the one on FB). Love that orange jacket too, especially how the collar belts up. Thanks!

kathy peck said...

I LOVE all the pieces you've chosen. I don't think the Alexa bag in that color is available anymore, not in the US anyway :(
The black Celine dress is perfection, and with sleeves!

Lost in Provence said...

Those pants are giving me dreams of being a modern Kate Hepburn! I love everything you chose, Tish (although I don't think that I could pull off the purple coat, I'd be willing to try). Especially the cut of the Celine LBD. A very kind cut indeed...

déjà pseu said...

That orange coat is just the thing. Love the asymmetry. Last year, I'd ordered the Mulberry Alexa bag in the Oak leather, but the quality of the leather was terrible (looked like plastic) so I sent it back. I've heard that some of the other leathers are much better.

Avril Leigh said...

I have a Jaeger jacket from last year which is very much the shape of the orange one here... very easy to wear and brings compliments. You might find if you look at Jaeger you could have the shape for a more reasonable price and then it could move out of fantasy realms!

Mary Timmers said...

LOVE the first outfit. Classy and comfortable!

Splenderosa said...

All, perfect. So say I. So, I think the red jacket would pop over the LBD too. That RL coat is dreamy, it would be very very hard to leave that in the shop, wouldn't it? Total home run on this, Tish. xx's

Karena said...

Oh a woman after my heart! I would wear each one of these ensembles and accessories! Fab choices!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Rayna@BrightCopperKettles said...

Even more appealing than your choices is your whimsy. I am with you on your calculations. New math, indeed!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

only 5?
I do like what you've opted for, especially that Mulberry bag!

That's Not My Age said...

The J-CC orange jacket is beautiful - and I wouldn't say no to a Celine dress.

BigLittleWolf said...

I can't say I could carry off any of these - where are the ensembles for the petite woman??? and one with curves??? - but, I do love the jolt of purple, and yet, I know I would opt for black and then the colorful accessory...

Likely, chaussures.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I love the first jacket...it is amazing...can only dream of owning it!

Joni said...

Mmmm, swooning over the very first outfit. I not only love the Mulberry bag for its wonderful lines but also that color -- I have such a thing for blues.

webb said...

What fun! Having them virtually is every bit as good as in the closet. Lovely choices.

Catherine Robinson said...

A lady of style! Great choices Tish...lovely post.
Catherine
xx

Duchesse said...

Tish, your choices are knockouts. The Celine LBD is the ultimate, and I am an LBD devotée. Chapeau!

Julienne said...

Absolutely the orange jacket with pants! My wardrobe will not be complete until they take up residence....Oh dear I am going to have an incomplete wardrobe for some time I think!!!!!! xx

Carol said...

Gorgeous Celine LBD and coat. l love the Ralph Lauren coat too..

Maryl said...

I like where you are going with your selections. I've been looking at a new basic black dress but here's two more items I'd like to add to the list. I want a forest green crushy leather bag with neutral hardware. The closest I've found is this season's Prada tote, http://bit.ly/AjNlOK. And I'd like an orange wool coat like Burberry's http://bit.ly/zRt4Wb. So there.

Susan Tiner said...

Excellent choices! The Celine LBD is my favorite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...