Thursday, November 3, 2011

Virtual Shopping After Dark: The End

Carolina Herrera
Admit it, it's divine n'est-ce pas?

What a protracted -- albeit virtual -- shopping expedition this has been. Luckily I have no invitations to wear my evening wardrobe, virtual or otherwise, so it wasn't necessary to be pressé.

In these selections you will see some laissez-aller on my part, as in "I would if I could, but life is such that I can't." (I trust you're with me on this without a humiliatingly detailed explanation.)

Monique Lhuillier
No, but isn't it lovely? Almost every woman has beautiful shoulders for the duration.  Remember, below the shoulders it is possible to have sleeves.
Carolina Herrera
Unfortunately not. Pretty though. . .

Akris
Now we're getting someplace. Just add sleeves -- protected from head-to-toe except for the fact the dress is red. 

Diane von Furstenberg
Not that this is relevant to anything, but one could be pregnant and wear this little number. I do really, really like the color.
Next week I'll pull my entire culled-down wardrobe together. Soon after, I'll deal with accessorizing.

Etro
Let me guess, you're thinking borrrrrring. Am I right? Maybe, but consider this: Important Jewelry (!)
Pucci
Obviously I'm assuming the dress is lined in a nude silk, otherwise I think one should stay home when she wears it. You would only be asking for trouble if you were to go out in it lined only in skin.
Diane von Furstenberg
Madame Sneady (my seamstress) would have to step-in to fix the skirt, but otherwise it has a lovely 50s film vibe that's rather appealing, non?
Emporio Armani
If you're looking for the perfect evening coat, may I suggest I just found it? Now this, I would really, really, really like to have on a serious shopping list.
Before you even think it, I know, I know, too much black. I'm addicted what can I say? Black and I have a long, long, intimate, comforting relationship. Some people close to me wish otherwise. If I could have found a midnight navy gown I would have chosen it. Note "midnight" qualifier. There were none to be found.

I hope you enjoy the final countdown.

20 comments:

Jeanne @ Collage of Life said...

Fantastic collection Tish...If I could shop to my hearts content...top photo and bottom photo...that's all my heart would desire. Jeanne :)x

Jamie-Leigh said...

The Red Dresses are Stunning, Would love these :D x

coffeeaddict said...

ooooh, the coat!!! I could almost be persuaded to sell a kidney for this coat. Almost.

Lost in Provence said...

If I could just have side pockets put on the front of the gorgeous blue skirt (hence to take away from feeling self-conscious aboutmy belly) I would be all set.

And that coat? You would have it for the rest of your life.

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

The Pucci dress (if lined) is stunning and the Armani coat is beyond beautiful. I would feel like a queen in it for sure.
Thank you for sharing these pictures, I rarely look at designer clothes and it is a pleasure to see them.

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

I agree. The black, slit up the front, Diane von Furstenberg gown reminds me of old movie star Hollywood glamorous, sexy stars. Sadly now that we're retired, if I owned one of these fabulous gowns, I would be "all dressed up with no place to go" as they say. Brings back fond memories of all of the fancy black tie events we attended in the past.
Sam

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

That first Caroline Herrera and the Pucci are just gorgeous...I wish I had someplace to wear dresses like these!!

BigLittleWolf said...

These gowns are gorgeous. For practical purposes (yes, that counts), some women of a certain age would enjoy the first Herrera and the later DVF for their lovely arm coverage, as well as showing off some of our more curvaceous contours.

Lorrie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous dresses. I love the Monique Lhuiller - all floaty and red. I'm sure that if had the dress the body to wear it would magically appear.

aBroad said...

Want to laugh.. every time I would walk Pup across the Avenue, I would see this lady who was very friendly and all smiles. She called me Carolina Herrera ! I thought she was joking.
Then one day she told me that she thought I worked for Ms Herrera and that I was taking out the dog Ha !
I have yet to see her or her dog here.

kathy peck said...

Why are we cursed with upper arms that fall apart so, when so many clothes require them to be shown. Jealous of men and their suit jackets! The only dress (if I had an occasion to wear it) for me would be the Pucci. It has long sleeves (a necessity) and is knee length - not found of long gowns with long sleeves generally, unless you're very young, in which case, you don't need the long sleeves. I find long gowns with long sleeves after a certain age pretty matronly. But, all beautiful choices.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

They are all gorgeous gowns. If I had to choose one for my body type it would be the DVF.

Oh but we can dream....

Carol said...

l love both the DVF and the Etro black gowns, so elegant.

déjà pseu said...

Carolina Hererra can do no wrong in my book. Lovely gowns, all of them!

LPC said...

Car-Roh-Leeeeeeeeee-Nah!

the taupe said...

Oh how I love the Etro and Pucci. Think the Etro would win me over, though, as playing with big jewelry is just too fun.

la fourchette said...

Is it even *possible* to have 'too much black'?!

And yes, that Armani evening coat is perfect, indeed!

ps: I'm sooo loving your 'Faces' series. C'est magnifique!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Actually, I adore that Etro dress.
And the Pucci!

Duchesse said...

I don't find the Etro boring in the least, but then I'm a big black wearer, and cut trumps sequins, for me.

sisty said...

Oh, the one that got away! I tried on an evening skirt much like the one in the first photo, but decided against it, even though it was at a deep discount, because I don't go to those kinds of affairs. It was navy, and it was beautiful.

"Car-o-LEEEEEE-Na" is right!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...