Tuesday, October 25, 2011

YOUR Faces Through The Ages

My great 40-something friend, Trisha Malcolm
Editor-in-Chief, Vogue Knitting


Entre nous, I'm hooked, addicted, enchanted, impressed, amazed and humbled by you. Your triumphs, courageous decisions, whimsical flights of fancy, your downright girlishness by moments, your strength, your convictions -- all I can say is, if you don't realize how extraordinary you are, take a deep breath and think about what you've accomplished so far.

The 50s. . .

Maureen Sanborn
My pal, Pseu
Une Femme d'Un Certain Age 

Lori Handelman in Vietnam.
Time Thrums 
You sew, you knit, you sing,  you write, you compose blogs, craft, create and most of all you give your time, love and energy with profound generosity. Do any of you dance? Probably.

The 60s. . .

Mary Lou Floyd and Carrie Tuhy
Second Lives Club 
Suzi Kennard
The divine Sam Hoffer
My Carolina Kitchen 
One of you told me as long as we're "happy in our skin, who cares if that skin is sagging a bit?" Another, one of my favorite people in the blogging world, said simply: "I wake-up happy every morning. It's a choice."

The 70s Have Never Looked So Good. . .

Martha White
Lynne Brady

Please, be brave and send me your pictures -- from your 30s to no limit. (tishjett@yahoo.com)

Thank you so very, very, very much.

19 comments:

Tamera Beardsley said...

So love your series...every decade is so inspiring!

kathy peck said...

Got so excited when I saw the knitting photo, as I have a love/hate relationship with knitting. I love to go to yarn stores, feel everything, mix colors, etc. but actually finish very few projects. Like Edith Piaf.
Another beautiful group of women.

Susan Tiner said...

It's always a pleasure seeing more of your reader's faces.

I keep getting tempted to knit but resist, as there's so much more I want to sew first.

Looking Fab in your forties said...

Fantastic pictures of beautiful women!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I love that women are coming forward to share their faces with the world. Brave and boldly making a statement.

Perhaps there will be a renewed focus on those of us who are on the other side of 50? We are currently the largest demographic group and have money and clout!

I can hear Helen Reddy singing in the background can you?

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

It is so much fun to look at these faces...and I love the blog name SECOND LIVES CLUB!!! Yes, joy is a choice...may we all choose it every day

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

Tish, I am thrilled to be among these lovely ladies. Merci beaucoup for including me in this great group of all ages. Each one is so inspiring.
As a friend of mine would say - life is good.
Sam

Mardel said...

Thank you for showing more of these beautiful women. So much shines through in every one.

Beadboard UpCountry said...

All lovely women.......If I send you a picture of me I'll enclose an AIRBRUSH HAHA! GLOU looks like a thing I'll put on my want to go list..... Love how you are always changing up the "news" on your sidebar!Maryanne xo

lori said...

even before I saw the photo of myself, I was choked up by the very real beauty of these faces. ('shock' best describes seeing myself here, not because i am unhappy with how i look [i'm not] but because it's just a shock seeing myself elsewhere). i can't tell you how much i love this series.

sharon said...

You have some seriously wonderful friends and readers Tish, looks like the only beautiful face missing is yours!! :)
xox

BigLittleWolf said...

Still loving every minute of this. Fabulous!

LynneB said...

Today is my 70th birthday & how lovely to be included in your gallery of wonderful women who took the chance you offered not only to show their public faces, but reveal their ages to go with it.

First time ever for me!!

Now that I am in the 7th decade of my life, what the heck does age matter?

Thank you so much.

Lynne B

Carol said...

Tish, l can't thank you enough for continuing this series. You have created a community of gorgeous, gifted beautiful women.

Gorgeous faces again !

PSING said...

i love this series as well; i am in my sixties and admit to feeling challenged when i look in the mirror and my brunette self is no more...but then,i look at these beautiful images of wonderful talented gifted women and am inspired. thank you for your wonderful posts. psing

photography by suzanne said...

Hey you posted my face! Thanks! And...I do dance...Ballroom and love it.!

vicki archer said...

All so lovely...and what's even better is to see who is behind many of my favourite blogs....xv

That's Not My Age said...

Beautiful - I love this idea, it's so positive and reassuring.

Patou said...

Yes, this is so affirming...
I would love to send a photo
but cannot figure out the proper
address...anybody??

thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...