Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall Fashion Virtual Shopping: Part IV

It's evident. I must have the coat. I already own several pairs of the trousers, can't figure out what's going on on top -- tell me it's not patent leather -- and frankly don't care. Sportmax certainly knows how to make coats.
Unless I stumble across something I cannot live without while shopping for my evening clothes next week, today is the last installment of pulling together my fall/winter (virtual, unfortunately) daytime wardrobe. Then, I will be obliged to cut and curate among all of the items I've brought into my virtual dressing room.
Admittedly, I probably won't keep the coat, but as I said, Sportmax does know how to make coats. Its' sort of a weird color. We'll see.
Paul Smith gave this coat a nice detail. It's serviceable in a most classic never-out-or-in-style way. Oh, yes, we call that "investment dressing," but since I have an unlimited budget the concept doesn't interest me. . .
Yes, blue overkill, but separate the pieces and I'll take the lot, except maybe not the boots although they might be fun with a black skirt. Can't decide. The V is a tad too V for me, but that can be rectified. I also like the bag. It's a color that goes with everything. Merci Diane von Furstenberg.
The way things are shaping up at the moment, it looks like I may be "buying" 10 new winter coats.

Before I can say "Michael Kors that slit is waaaay too high," my brilliant seamstress will have sewn it to a proper
knee-ish exposure. 
Of course I'll ask her to please fix Ralph Lauren's slash as well. My no bra days are over.
The jacket and only the jacket. I can't deal with head to toe Bordeaux velvet. Thank you anyway Tory Burch.
Are you thinking, bouf? Maybe you're right. I'll just try it on and then give it back to Marc Jacobs. I thought it might be one of those "looks better on" dresses. Oh yes, he can definitely keep the boots and the socks.
Today's shopping, with one notable exception -- Sportsmax from Milan -- was done only in New York and London. I stayed out of Paris.

Hope you approve.

14 comments:

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

That blue on blue hurts the eyes, but I adore all the other stylish outfits especially the first and last images.

coffeeaddict said...

Sprtmax is one of my favourite brands, in fact the whole Max Mara family is fantastic

helen tilston said...

Hello Tish
Can I please have Coat No. 1 and the blue suede boots, then I can compose a new song, don't step on my blue suede boots (sorry Elvis)
Great post and most tempting.
Helen xx

Villette said...

I love it all, especially the Sportmax. And the Michael Kors. And the Ralph Lauren... Sigh.

The American Suburbanite in Rural England said...

Love your virtual shopping expeditions, as does my husband but he doesn't realize it! It keeps him out of the shops a bit lol... Love the blue, one of my favorite colors, monochromatic looks are great, but I agree, think that one needs seperated a bit!

And the grey Paul Smith coat is gorgeous... too short for a floor length coat, but that length is just right!

Jeanne-Aelia Desparmet-Hart said...

Letitia, the concept is brilliant, the choices great, the comments hilarious-of course!- can't wait to see your final choices. I don't agree on everything but those slits? yes they need to go... bravo!

Spiral Style said...

Yes, I'll have all the blue, thank you, and wear it all separately. Great picks, Tish.

Jacqueline said...

Just finished reading your side-bar...how entertaining you (two?) are! Hopefully, today I will get to some of the posts!

LuxeBytes said...

The blue DVF boots are fab, Tish. You've got to try them "on."

xoxox

déjà pseu said...

Yes, that coat in the top picture. You probably should pick up a piece or two in the cobalt blue that's everywhere this season. That's *your* color, Tish.

Murphy said...

I saw the blue Sportmax coat with the patent leather trim "in person" over the weekend at a Max Mara store - that coat is gorgeous!

kathy peck said...

Can't wait to see what you actually choose - it's been fun on this virtual shopping expedition.

Susan Tiner said...

Yes, I love the first coat.

I've never heard of Sportsmax.

Mrs P said...

I love the whole Maxmara range too, re coats I always find the length an issue - full length is most glamorous but hopeless in cars and on trains, wool is not waterproof so useless in the British climate - I end up needing several and they take up so much room in my closet, then need replacing but I am a hoarder so I just buy more. This year I am going to be strict and ebay my old stuff to make way for the new. My winter coat for this year will be a camel cashmere bought in the N Peal sale (just below knee length)which I am going to wear with my Maxmara animal print snood. I agree with your comments about boots and socks, and the slits and slashes x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...