Friday, September 9, 2011

Fall Fashion Virtual Shopping: Part III


Emporio Armani coats.  I'll definitely take #2. It's the ultimate day into evening investment.
Back to the arduous task of my virtual shopping expedition which will culminate at the end of the month in my final choices. I'm extremely concerned by the coat issue. Never have I seen so many beauties in one season. I'm afraid I will break my one coat per season rule this time out. It's not possible to choose only one.



Three Bluemarine dresses. I would probably ask for  slight hem extension. You might not.
I'll have to find my economies in some other area, probably the black pant category since I own somewhere around 50,000 pairs in every imaginable fabric and a few nuances on the cut. One trouser twist that does not exist in my closet is any length above the ankle. Short pants look ridiculous on me and unfortunately designers seem to like them this year.



Three takes on beige/taupe from Cacharel. (Isn't it a pleasure to see the new designers have the "courage" to break away from all the ditsy flower business of the past?)
Ferragamo channeling Diane von Furstenberg. Rather austere, but I would imagine -- assuming the skirt doesn't fly completely open when one is seated -- that this type of dress would garner respect for an executive woman. Then again, the wrap doesn't quite wrap enough. Oh well, how about lunch?
Inappropriate slits can be easily remedied -- depending upon one's definition of "dress for success" of course.
All three from Ferragamo. The spectator pumps are sweet, non? More proof that fashion is season-less. In the past past these were spring/summer only shoes.
Yes, all neutrals and I know some of you are disappointed, but even before I moved to France and saw that French women are attracted to this palette, my closets were filled with non-color.

Before I finish my shopping, I will find some color. Surely I will.

23 comments:

Wildernesschic said...

Some lovely items here.. I love the simplicity and shape xx

déjà pseu said...

depending upon one's definition of "dress for success" of course.

HAHAHA! When Karen and I were out shopping a few weeks ago, we couldn't believe the number of hooker/pole-dancer shoes that continue to grace (?) the designer collections. Nice to see some shoes on the runways that don't promise a lap dance.

Karena said...

Love the first coat and the fashions are all gorgeous, love your comment. Those open wraps and panty high slits won't work for me either!!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Villette said...

No, no, no, don't move away from neutrals -- and that comes from one who can't wear beige. Black, navy, grey are wonderful forever. Color dates. Meanwhile, thinking about the second two Blumarine dresses may keep me awake nights, trying to figure out how to get hold of them.

LPC said...

These clothes are so gorgeous. Like bowls of dulce de leche ice cream...

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh Tish,
I absolutely LOVE those Armani coats. They are so me !
I am glad to see that they are on the runway as, I have a couple very similar although, I can always do with one or two more....or ten !! XXXX

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh such lovely garments but I shudder to think of the cost.
but a girl can dream...

helen tilston said...

Hi Tish

I share your love for the second coat and love it very much.

I love the longer length cacharel too.
So beautiful.

Thank you for this exciting beautiful post
Helenxxx

kathy peck said...

Love everything, but now longing for the Cacharel mid length dress. Will be on a mission for it. You can stay with the neutrals for me. I don't like color much at all.

ida said...

Sorry but what a relief to escape the tirade of black....the first Cacharel is my choice divine. Ida

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

I love, love all the neutrals, they make me feel so calm and happy. The slits are way too exciting for my petite vie, it would cause a ruckus : >

knitpurl said...

What a beautiful blue plus all the Cacharels - all I need is a trip to Paris and lots and lots of Euros! Wonderful post to end the week with, Tish. Nice to see dresses that are not skin tight for all of us with less than perfect figures. Bon weekend! xoxoxo, C.

BigLittleWolf said...

Gorgeous looks. As for the slits, with the legs these models have, why not? As for the rest of us who do not live our lives on a runway, a more modest version would nonetheless offer a bit of flirty fashion without the gratuitous flashin'...

Annette said...

Always: neutrals , black and white and timeless designs will last forever!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I love the pinstripe dress...as long as it doesn't expose too much. I went to Fashion's Night Out last night and had fun pretending to be Tish and get my own street style shots. I think it will take me three posts to cover everything!!

The American Suburbanite in Rural England said...

love neutrals, they go with everything! LOVE the pinstripe dress, I am sure a little tack here and there will keep everything in place!

déjà pseu said...

Also meant to say earlier the coats are lovely, and Neutrals Are Forever.

California Girl said...

i'm with wildernesschic, these are classic, simple, elegant. I love spectator pumps best. They will always be in style.

tweedlibrarian said...

The Cacharel pieces are beautiful! I love the longer length of the dresses aand the way they drape. Neutrals are just so elegant in a way bright colors aren't. I like a little of both in my closet.

Jen said...

Love the coats! Those sweeping lengths are dramatic but not silly. Not so crazy about the flesh tone boots at Cacharel, though. They remind me of medical devices!

CailinMarie said...

from what I've gathered the color comes in a bad, or shoes, or maybe a scarf no?
The Armani coats ARE gorgeous, and while I think your dress picks are lovely, the boots really grabbed my attention. Which brings me to the question, is there a time when one ought to stop being boot obsessed? I'm only just hitting 40 and beginning to wonder if I seem to be sadly holding onto my 20s?

tiffany rose said...

What about that slit-to-the-navel blouse ... wowee, dress for success indeed.

Splenderosa said...

In the words of someone else, "I want what she's having." And to go shopping with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...