Monday, August 29, 2011

Patou On-The-Street



Patricia, "Patou," manages her friend Babette's shoe store which nestles temptingly against Coté Rue, Babette's clothing boutique.

Patou's purview includes the latest trendy styles (since we live so close to Paris, customers demand hip and hot) and all the newest ballerinas one could never imagine, among them scores of Repettos. (I'll photograph some of my favorites for you.)








Like Cristel, Stephanie, Brigitte and Babette featured previously in this series, Patou has her own, clearly defined style, French country with a hippy twist I would say. You like it or you don't, for me that's often not what interests me in the way women dress. I'm more attracted to how they define themselves through their clothes.


Certain looks I wouldn't dream of trying, let alone wearing out of the house, but what I like best is the attitude that goes with the way women assemble their choices. For me, that's what sets Frenchwomen apart. They know who they are and dress accordingly.

Ed. Noted: If you missed my comment last Monday, Brigitte, who appears 45-ish, max, is in her mid-50s.

10 comments:

BigLittleWolf said...

These women all look so zippy to me. (Like you, I couldn't / wouldn't wear a few of these, but I think they look great on them!)

Attitude, yes. Though I feel a massive need for some sort of overhaul - a new look in many ways (my site, to which I did some tweaking) - and myself - to whom it would take more than tweaking - and my home, in need of a dump truck and an professional declutterer... preferably well dressed!

déjà pseu said...

I love how she works the menswear looks!

Belle de Ville said...

I agree with Pseu on the menswear. The vest over the white shirt is a great look on her.

knitpurl said...

Definitely "know who they are and dress accordingly." I try and sometimes succeed doing this with my wardrobe and new apartment. It's fun to change, but not easy to change for the better. I agree these French women are consistent. Menswear look was least likeable - white shoes and some of the boots - no thank you! xoxo, C

Lorrie said...

I agree with BigLittleWolf on the "zippy" look. They look healthy and energetic, full of joie de vivre!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

You can tell picture to picture that she knows who she is...there is a sense of continuity from look to look. I love the second picture..I think because I am drawn to the scarf. American women need to learn how to develop the consistency and continuity...because sometimes we look a little bipolar!

LuxeBytes said...

"Patou" is the most charming nickname for Patricia EVER.

xoxox

ida said...

Photos 5 and 6 appeal to me most,simple elegance.Ida

Wildernesschic said...

She looks so cool... and yet elegant .. lovely xx

organic multivitamin for women said...

I am speechless after seeing these pictures! I love them all! I teach kindergarten and I'm going to make a theme, and photographs have given me so many ideas! You are so talented! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...