Monday, July 25, 2011

Welcome To Blog "Lite"


My first and last color choice on this post. I know, no guts, no glory, but I cannot have green or yellow finger or toe nails -- they would make me sick. Literally.

"Lite" meaning not only zero calories, but also not much substance. I'm counting on the entertainment factor as opposed to the "value-added" aspect I try to include every day.

Let's see how it goes shall we?




While perusing the latest nail colors for my impending pedicure I came across the yellow and frankly yucky green hue from Bourjois. As you know, Bourjois is Chanel except much less expensive, usually a season or two behind in the hyper trendy colors (except this summer for some reason) and sometimes, but not always, a nuanced tinge of difference in the tone. I don't think even Anna Wintour could call you out as an impostor (i.e., Bourjois, not Chanel) once the polish was on one's nails and the bottle safely hidden in your salle de bains.



It's not that I was waiting for a lower price point to get in on the green and yellow, but I'm just mentioning this as a news bulletin in passing.





As you can see, Chanel was more ambitious in the green family.  Perhaps the Bourjois melange was a reject.

Then, to save us the time, trouble and possible accidents that could result from playing artist, Bourjois and Chanel also introduced a turquoise -- you know if you mixed the yellow and the green you'd get approximately that color. You knew that.

Now that I think of it, this might indeed be a genuine value-added day.

17 comments:

Villette said...

I think I'll wait until my hands are very, very cold to have blue fingernails. But I really liked the Dior Paradise you showed in your post yesterday. I'd go for that one.

Karena said...

Tish I do love the Bourgeois turquoise! I am experimenting a bit!Fun!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

une femme said...

I'll admit to being a bit intrigued by the turquoise. But only for the toes! I've been wearing Vamp on toes for the last few weeks, maybe it's time for a change.

P.Gaye Tapp at Little Augury said...

terribly difficult for me to keep anything on the fingernails- I do like the khaki vert- I would do that for a special event- or any time on the toes-those are much easier.

ida said...

Sorry girlies....yuccck Ida

Lorrie said...

I've never liked the yellow, black, green, or blue colors for nails. My fingernails never see polish, but my toenails are always pink or red.

helen tilston said...

I like these colours for teenagers. I do not have the courage to sport such colours. My preference is french polish or "honeymoon" by OPI
Helen xx

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh I am so afraid of these bright polishes...
they seem far too out there for me.

I love pinks, rubies and cherry shades for my toes and only clear for my fingertips....

yawn...

I am boring!

Of Sage and Sepia said...

Not a fan of the yellow, but I'm sporting Essie's "sew psyched" on my toes and love it. It's a fun sage-green color and think it'd work great in the fall, too. My daughter has the tourquoise and it's lovely!

I'm not daring enough to use these out-there colors on my fingers, but my toes are living on the edge!

Duchesse said...

I like the khaki for toes. If god had wanted you to have yellow fingertips she would have made you a lizard ;

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I also like the khaki color for toes!! But yellow and blue are not for me.

Mary said...

Terrific! Now, if Bourjois would just be exported to the U.S.A. I might be devilish to try something wild! (Not very likely - as the veins on the backs of my hands would be accented - Ugh!)

Mary in Oregon

Catherine Robinson said...

Khaki Vert, Chanel my favourite..great on the toes!
I enjoyed your Bourjois versus Chanel post :)
Have a lovely day.
http://wwwcatherinerobinsoncashmere.blogspot.com/

Wildernesschic said...

I ma just so old fashioned when it comes to nails and colours.. hands ..pointless its off within a few hours . feet look like a corpse in any shade other than dark ..like rouge noir or red red.. plus Chanel just never lasts on me.. it has to be OPI or Jessica xx

lined work gloves said...

A perfect collection of beauty products and easy to find which is best and running in current market. I am daily reader of your blog.

Promosyon said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.Any way I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

gift ideas for men said...

I bought some of the beauty products, vegetables and some of the yummy foods from on-line store with 20% discounts. I really enjoyed lot to shop from on-line market.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...