Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Weekend In The Country

Admittedly, the publicity is bizarre, but isn't she beautiful?

. . . under torrential rains I might add.

The rainbow at the end of the story:  It's too mucky in the potager to pull out the pesky weeds -- I'm sick with disappointment as you can imagine -- but when I finally do get to them they will be easy to extract. They'll also be much taller than they were two weeks ago which means easier to grasp from a standing position.

Guests arriving this week from the States so avoiding serious organization is not an option. What is not accomplished for some rationalization or another on my part I'll explain by saying, "I'm in the midst of paring down -- we're into minimalism chez nous. Our new credo is 'less is more'. That explains the myriad piles of stuff. We're negotiating a redistribution program. We want to be free of cumbersome, useless material goods."

I think that works.

Until tomorrow I shall leave you with the stunning woman in the bizarre Evian T-shirt ads. The slogan is "Live Young." Pourquoi pas?



I don't drink it, but I do spritz it.

7 comments:

Miss Kim said...

I've seen those ads here in Toronto too and they always make me smile. She is definitely a true beauty!

Love your attitude and sense of humour!

Have a terrific weekend :))

une femme said...

We have those here too, some of them are rather cute.

Enjoy your visitors! Hope you get a bit of sunshine.

Karena said...

Love the ad, she is wonderful!!

Definitely need a spritz here in Kansas City, a sauna outside!!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Cindy @ enclos*ure said...

I want to go out and buy some Evian to spritz right now!

Pondside said...

This is the first one I've seen - but out here on the edge of the continent we're a little slower to get whatever is going around.
No spritzing needed here - summer has been moist and misty so far.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I have seen aprons with bikini clad women printed on them!

She does have an energy that radiates...if Evian would do that for me I'd buy it by the case!
I prefer Perrier.

Enjoy your guests.

Beadboard UpCountry said...

I agree she is fab..... Enjoy your weekend.... Maryanne xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...