Tuesday, July 5, 2011

News & Views, This & That

Gucci -- four times.
In the name of science and beauty, or the beauty of science or the science of beauty -- before I wrote the first word in this annoying sentence, I applied L'Oreal Glam Shine Fresh "Aqua Lemon Tonic" to discover the back story on yellow lip gloss.

I'll report the results at the end of the post. For the moment it's sticky. And, you know how much I hate sticky.

Moving right along. . .

Color Blocking On A Budget
I think I could consider these as a second pair, resting my rationalization on the tried, tested and trusted theory that a woman can never own too many accessories. C'est vrai (it's true).
We've been down the color block rue several times over the last few months and we understand how incredibly important the concept is in the world in which we flourish.

Perhaps you will be blessed with good fortune and find the ingredients for your own creation on the theme or maybe the designer departments -- Gucci, Jil Sander, Marc Jacobs, MaxMara, Loewe, Saint Laurent, etc. -- have slashed the prices and your size is still available. Lucky you.


If not, and if perchance you have never taken to the concept in a big way, but still don't want to be considered démodé, as always, I've got your back.

Glasses and sunglasses from Carrera for example, or, the nail polish chart from French Elle which guides us on how to mix and not match.



The outré on the feet, the less outrageous on the hands. I feel the editors have made an excellent judgement call. I truly do not want Canary or Pistachio or Absinthe or even Canard on my hands. On the other hand (ha!) maybe those colors would draw attention to mindless eating. You know, a brownie held with Vert Lime fingertips for example. I think I'm on to something -- an undiscovered, until this second, diet trick. Remember, you heard it here first.

Juicy Fruit Lips
Nothing to report. The gloss goes on pale, pale yellow, because we're talking science here I put some on a piece of white paper and it is a faint yellow. On the lips it's shiny -- very shiny -- and seems to enhance the natural color.  My greatest concern -- you can see how fraught with stress my life is -- was, would it make my teeth look yellow. It does not.

However, my lips are so glossy I'm not sure anyone would want to kiss me. I see that as a distinct drawback to a beauty product under most circumstances.

6 comments:

Jeanne-Aelia Desparmet-Hart said...

Letitia, at the risk of repeating myself at every comment I make, you are TOOOOO funny!.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your friend Jeanne-Aelia (hope that's right). I cannot decide whether I read your blog for its content or because you make me laugh. Win/win for me!!!
Judy

The American Suburbanite in Rural England said...

would have to agree, if the lip gloss deters a kiss, it might not be the best one! Thanks for your blog!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Yellow gloss, really?
I am not too sure about this shade.

Care to post a picture of your lips wearing said colour!

BigLittleWolf said...

That yellow business... um, not so much...

But color blocking, in general, and used judiciously? I love, love, love it! (Some of the photos are quite beautiful - and I'd wear those glasses (red, purple) in a heartbeat!)

What a fun post.

knitpurl said...

Tish, hello! Happy to be reading you again from my wonderful new abode. After a long absence, your blog is still a joy and still makes me smile and laugh. Coordinating nail polishes - what a cool idea. Love it. Yellow on the lips-not impressed, but the color blocking on glasses - now that I like. Smiles, xoxo Carole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...