Friday, June 3, 2011

This & That + A Major Beauty Trick

The other Hermes, the Greek messenger god. Note the winged sandals, now there's a fashion statement if ever there was one.
Dashing off to a luncheon in my honor. Yep. The students from my two classes of conversational English -- beginners and advanced -- have invited me, as they do each year, to celebrate the fun we have every week.

For that reason, I am offering you a scatter-brained post today. (You may think I do that almost every day, but you will be particularly amazed by the all-over-the-place of it today.)

In the headlines. . .

No Cal Jewelry


Gummy Bears on creoles. Whatever. . .
Let me be perfectly clear, I don't get it. Particularly because the Gummy Bear jewelry is not being marketed for children, which one could understand.

Not much to say really. I suppose if you're the whimsical type you could hang two of the little guys off of your creoles. One magazine suggested the bracelet would have made a perfect Mother's Day gift.

If you're interested, click here: Haribo.

It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Your Ballerines
I can't help but wonder whether these Paul & Joe ballerines were inspired by Hermes -- as in the Greek god (or the Roman knock-off, Mercury), as opposed to the Kelly or Birkin bag Hermes.

They're rather cute, non?

A Value-Added Beauty Trick


It's the least I can do. The recommendation comes directly from my dermatologist in response to my question: "Please tell me one of your favorite beauty tricks."

"If you have very pale skin and want to look healthy in the summer without sunbathing (which you know you're not supposed to do), add self-tanner to your day cream and apply as usual," she said.

Here's how you do it: take your day cream with built-in SPF of course, and put it in the palm of your hand, squirt an auto-bronzing product into it, rub your hands together and apply to your face as usual.

It works. It's great. Even for someone as maladroit as I am with these types of techniques, its foolproof.

6 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

The self tanner tip is one that I am going to pass along to others...thank your dermatologist!!

Deja Pseu said...

Love those winged ballerines!

The self-tanner trick is a great one, wonder if it would work on my legs with an SPF body cream instead of face cream? My dermatologist is a very no-nonsense gal; the only thing she ever tells me is, "let's remove that little spot on your left knee."

Young at Heart said...

the self-tanning tip is brilliant I do it myself and I have an olive complexion but always fake my face and always with Clarins...for the last 30 years (can't believe I can actually write that...)...it looks the best I believe!!

Duchesse said...

So wonderful to be appreciated that way! Great tip, will try this very weekend. Exceptionally cool here but still longing for a bit of colour in the face.

ida said...

You could mix it with the Clarins V high protection cream. I am a great fan of Clarins buit prefer the pale look don't think tans suit red heads!! That is just my thought!

Love the wings on the ballet shoes.Ida

Linda C. said...

Thanks so much for this tip, I can't take the hot, Australian sun, so I will try this trick next summer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...