Saturday, June 25, 2011

Here's The Good News. . .

Yves Saint Laurent "Effet Givré"
When you apply these lip gloss "musts" of été, you will be pleased to know -- I certainly was -- they do not make lips any hue of blue.
L'Oreal Glam Sine Fresh #601

Emilio Pucci limited edition for Guerlain, "Sparkling Sea"

Benefit California Kissin'

Dior Kiss "Mint Lemonade" #208


This is what they do:

1.) Make teeth appear whiter.

2.) Look sheerer than sheer when transferred onto the lips.

3.) Give the impression of some plumping action.

4.) The slightest, slightest imperceptible bluishness of them makes the natural color of the lips or, combined with lipstick, seem more -- I don't know? -- exciting?!

They are pretty in the tubes, I'll give them that. Maybe I'll test the least expensive one from L'Oreal and get back to you on the premises and promises.

The beach-y, by-the-ocean, vacation spirit of them is fun, non? Yes, I know, what-ev-er. . .

Not exactly good news, more in what I would call the bizarre category. But, once again, verrrry trendy (do we care?), Chanel's Mimosa nail polish.

I have yet to see it on the street, but, rest assured, if and when I do, you'll see it first here. I'm wondering, dark or tanned skin? Toes?

17 comments:

vicki archer said...

Thats a relief...about the blue I mean!....Have a wonderful weekend....xv

Northmoon said...

Lipstick always seems to look oranger on me; a blue gloss might be just the thing I need. Plus whiter looking teeth helps too!

Thank you for keeping up with the very latest trends for us.

That's Not My Age said...

I've seen Mimosa on the street, it looks hideous - and my toe nails are yellow anyway!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I would love to know if it really makes your teeth whiter and plumps your lips...please report back! I would also start with Loreal!! The nail polish is just too out there for me!!

une femme said...

Tish, after seeing your feet-on-the-street pictures the other day, I've decided I'm still loving the really dark polish on the toes and will be sticking with my Chanel vamp for the time being. We'll let the crazy kids have fun with the yellow.

California Girl said...

Love the lipstick idea. Have to try it.

I adore the greens, yellows, blues for toes but I'm hesitant to try them as I feel I'm "out of the demo" so to speak. Cute when applied perfectly on well pedicured feet.

My big try will be to get an OPI orange on my toes. I believe it's from their Texas line and it's bright!

Tree said...

Do share, what's the summer street scene you're seeing these days re purses, totes, carry-bags, etc.?

LuxeBytes said...

Aren't yellow nails the sign of a frugal infection?

Oh, wait. I just made myself sound like a fuddy-duddy ....

xoxo --
M.

BigLittleWolf said...

Bright yellow nail polish? Dark, dark skin only.

Otherwise? Quel horreur.

YONKS said...

WOW - can't wait to try one of these blue lippies.
Dianne Thanks for the info.
XOXO

Louise said...

I have seen bright yellow polish on some people and it's not very flattering. Probably best to avoid it.

The concept of the blue lipgloss is very intriguing. I might try it out!

Elizabeth said...

I went to two drugstores this afternoon and could not find L'Oreal Glam Shine Fresh. I want to try the BLUE! Does anyone know where to buy it in the U.S. or on the Internet?

Annabel Manners said...

Am now thoroughly intrigued by the blue gloss. Will put it on my Sephora list along with the new "They're Real" mascara by Benefit that's supposed to be the bee's knees...

Beadboard UpCountry said...

Glad that Blue isn't BLUE too!!!!Let me know how you like it!!!!!!I don't know about the mimosa you are right,bring on the spray tan!!!!Maryanne xo

Debra said...

I just got the blue gloss from Benefit... Perfect for when you don't want color- very natural looking with my light skin. Please let us know what you think! I adore this blog! It almost make me want to re-start mine! xxx
Oh, and the gloss does make my teeth whiter- I did use the strips the night before though.

Duchesse said...

I think this would be absolutely mesmerizing on women with dark skin, from definitely olive though black.

Duchesse said...

Oh, the "this" refers to the yellow polish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...