Monday, June 6, 2011

Best Laid Plans. . .

Anna Wintour above, Madame Federer below.
Welcome to my first surprise of the week.

I had planned to do a clever (ahem. . .) post today on walking in straw. However, My-Reason-For-Living-In-France received a telephone call from his dentist telling him his appointment has been moved up (or back, I never know which is correct). Point being: I must leave for Paris right-this-minute.

Is my life glamourous or what?

Before I go, let me leave you with three pictures from the French Open.

From the finals yesterday, you see American Vogue editor and Roger Federer groupie, Anna Wintour, on her feet cheering her favorite -- again wearing a little print dress. She does love prints.
Monsieur et Madame François-Henri Pinault at the French Open.
Salma and François-Henri.

Earlier in the week Salma Hayek, wearing heaven knows what, with her husband François-Henri Pinault, chairman and CEO of the luxury conglomerate, PPR.

PPR owns such brands as: the auction house, Christie's; Chateau Latour; Gucci; Bottega Veneta; Stella McCartney; and Yves Saint Laurent to name a few. In other words, Salma probably has some nifty clothes in her armoires. Her jewelry is probably quite nice as well.

14 comments:

anita said...

I love Salma Hayek!

BigLittleWolf said...

Oh, how fabulous! (Glamorous indeed.)

California Girl said...

Ann Wintour's skinny sun dried arms make me feel better about myself. bwahahaha

Love Salma. She can wear anything she wants.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I love Anna's dress...and it has been awhile since I saw her in something I really, really liked...this dress is great!

Duchesse said...

The differenc between the ultrathin clotheshorse (and why do so many women try to achieve this?) and the curvy bombshell! Anna Wintour looks dessicated and Salma Hayek looks like she is having a good time in every respect.

Elizabeth said...

Ms. Anna just doesn't look healthy to me. She needs some warm skin color, which Ms. Salma has. Ms. Salma is little but has nice curves, and unfortunately Ms. Anna has only bony curves!

Lilacs In May said...

I read a survey last week that said the first thing women check out on other women is their weight. Most of us wish we were thinner, but Anna proves the Wallis idiom that you can never be too thin or too rich, is utter poppycock. Flesh is sexy, bones are not.

dancingdoc said...

always loving your blog posts
bethenais

Beadboard UpCountry said...

OOps! I noticed Anna's arms looking a little, how should I say um, loose? After your post, at the finals she had on a wrap... No wonder Salma looks so HAPPY!!!!!!! I am too, Nadal won....But Federer provided some very interesting moments too. Maryannexo

aBroad said...

At least the "loose" arms on Anna are natural, unlike sections of her frozen/paralyzed face.. These women with the Botox faces think they look younger and they just look like they have Botox in their face !!
Pretty soon she will wear her hair completely over her face.

Salma Hayek can get away with just about anything with that face and figure .. even an orange flouncy dress .. I love her !

quintessence said...

I read somewhere that the biggest difference between the French Open and US Open is the crowd, the French Open having the much chicer audience.

hausfrau said...

Loved Anna's dress, failed to look at her arms.
Wanted to add that your beautiful blue clock was on the Antiques Roadshow on Sunday; well, one like it presumably.

tiffany rose said...

I love Salma too and at times wish I could be luscious like her. Don't be too harsh on some like me who are thin without trying. My dad says I take after his mother, who was always on the side of needing a few more pounds. I really think the difference between Anna and Salma is how Anna does not waste her smiles on just anyone and Salma seems to joyfully share hers.

sisty said...

I love Salma Hayek, and Anna Wintour is impressive, too. But let's be fair -- there's a 17 year age difference between them.

And they are completely different body types -- Salma would look awful in a tight-bodice dress, which suits only a flat-chested woman. Anna W. does have a reserved aesthetic, but so did Jackie Kennedy, who shares her body type.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...