Thursday, May 12, 2011

True & False****





Many of you, I know, yearn for color when I venture out to take my on the street pictures. In fact, as some have posited, perhaps I don't like color and therefore am drawn to neutrals.



You have a point, I'm not attracted to color for myself. I do, however, often find it elegant and charming on others. Whenever I see it, I photograph it -- subject willing -- because I know many of you like it.

Chic Frenchwomen like neutrals, that's how they get so much mileage out of their clothes. But you know that. Nothing like a scarf and a pair of shoes to kick them up a notch.


Because you posed the question, I decided to go through all of the photos I've taken since I started my out and about routine. In the nearly 200 shots, these are the only ones in living color. I didn't include those with neutral bottoms and bright tops, there were three: a red plaid tunic; a bright blue cardigan over a pale, pale blue shirt; and an orange and white striped blouse. All were teamed with trousers: khaki, beige and white respectively.

I'm off to Paris. I'll see what I can do. The weather is summery warm, that should help.

Also on the agenda, a visit to Compagnie Française de L'Orient et de La Chine (C.F.O.C.) to see if there is anything left on the shelves and the racks of the "everything must go" closeout sale of 75 percent off of everything.

8 comments:

ida said...

Love the woman in the 6th photo,especially the skirt,and scarf.
Would like to know where she bought her leather skirt from MMMMMMM.Ida

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I love color, but I do think sometimes American women are a bit over the top with it...I find that I am so taken with your pictures because I find the styles in France to be chic, elegant, classy and I am drawn to the neutral focus. That said, I really like all of the looks you have posted here...the top print is wonderful...color does have a place in every wardrobe...but I think it is perfectly acceptable for women to have less rather than more.

Linda C. said...

Only a Frenchwoman could wear the last combo and still look classy and great!
I love these "on the street posts"

Deja Pseu said...

One of the things I've noticed about Parisiennes and color is that the color is almost always in the red or purple family. One rarely sees oranges, greens, yellows.

Belle de Ville said...

I agree with Linda C. Not many other women of a certain age, except in Paris, could get away with the last outfit, purple boots and all.
I did like the first two photos of the short shift dresses. They were great for Spring/Summer but a little resort-ish for citywear. I could see them in Nice or Cannes.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I am in admiration and awe with images # 5 and #6...
looks at the way they have put themselves together and what great legs!

I notice too that the handbags are all very large!

Nice to see that you have some sunny weather, it makes it easier to dress in colour when there is sunshine.

What a cheery post today!

Looking Fab in your forties said...

Love the firt picture and the purple colour blocking. Great snap shots!

Mean Mama said...

ADORE your street photos! Like to think I am learning a great deal here, although lesson #1 would seem to be "lose a lot of weight"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...