Friday, May 20, 2011

Country Life -- On-the-Street

You are looking at a Marcel.  (Some people consider them wardrobe essentials -- other do not.)
Once again, proof of my remarkable photographic skills. How in the world did I manage to have her sandal-clad feet bathed in sunlight so we can't see them?
Before you think her cute little sweater rides up exposing her (perfectly flat) stomach, it doesn't really. Only when she crosses her arms.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I did suggest I might (would?) hit the streets of Paris again to fulfill our need for a French fashion fix from the big city. But, here's what happened: Judy and I never stopped talking -- not for a single second. We had to keep ordering carafes of water to keep our mouths lubricated.

Of course we were drinking a teeny, teeny bit of wine at the time, then we had to stumble  walk over to Petit Bateau and buy her mariniere, try on the -- child's size 14! -- dress she refused to buy, hit Monoprix where she once again ignored my counsel about Marcels and then it was time to meet My-Reason-For-Living-In-France who is also Judy's HFB (Honorary French Boy Friend) BTW for dinner.

The time just got away from me.

But, I did cruise around the town out here in the country. (I will be in Paris next week. Do not despair.)

A demain.

9 comments:

Spiral Style said...

Leaving Paris today, but with my newly acquired mariniere. Breakfast at Laduree and now I'm off.
Have a wonderful weekend Tish. Thanks for all your fashion advice

Yonks said...

The first lady is so chic!
Thanks for hitting the streets, I love your candid shots!
X

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Love the first lady and I love your pictures no matter where you are when you take them!!

pavlova said...

Love all your posts! Marcels are a year round staple for me.....BUT, only under something else....only worn alone in the privacy of my home!!!!
There is nothing like visiting with a good friend...

cigalechanta said...

what's a marcel? I always thought it was a hair style.

LPC said...

Love your first photo. That big coat...

bobbi said...

Love your blog, city/country photos so helpful. Here's a question - what do you wear if you work from home and live in an affluent LA suburb (north of SF Valley, not West LA)? I'm surrounded by women in jeans and kids. My youngest just finished first year of college. And summer is coming on.

knitpurl said...

Yesterday's post about Cannes was beautiful. Oh, to look like Jane Fonda. Today's post was equally intriguing. I liked the last gal. Wonder if I could ever again fit in a pair of jeans the way she does.

So glad two best friends keep enjoying themselves. (Misunderstood and thought the visit was over, not just beginning.) Hugs and a hello to JD. xoxoxo, C.

hausfrau said...

I too thought the first lady very chic but have no idea what a 'marcel' is.. should I have one?! I think you may need a post to explain to the unfortunate!
Jeans remain my default setting: I wish I could find something smarter that fitted in the same way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...