Friday, April 22, 2011

On The Streets of Paris



Ta-daa, color-blocking.
A gorgeous grandmother. (How can a picture be out of focus on an automatic camera?)
The young woman is wearing a gray mariniere beneath her blazer, striped in navy sequins. "It's from Zara a year ago," she said. I asked, "So, how do you wash it?" She replied, "Just like anything else." Hmmm.
Estelle, who cut, styled and did wonderful things to my hair yesterday including my new fringe, which I can use or not. She told me I might not wish to in the summer. If you want the best haircut in the world, she is chez Zouari.
Marisa Berenson one of Zouari's most loyal clients. Picture obviously not taken by me.
Photo by: Martine Rouselin.
Celebrity coiffeur, Alexandre Zouari, whom I met through Marisa Berenson.
Weather report: More unseasonably warm temperatures, blue skies and sun, sun, sun.

Fashion report: Striped T-shirts under blazers; wedge espadrilles; ballerines; white shirts (yes, it's true); long skirts; a few pairs of white jeans; and, as you see, our first experience from the runway to the real way with "color blocking," the hot trend of the season, continuing into fall btw.

You cannot imagine how excited I was when I saw the color-block woman. I thought, "You are really, really going to like this. Especially those of you who have been yearning for color."

A demain in the country.

17 comments:

ParisGrrl said...

Good for color block woman! I was watching one of those noon-time shows here in Paris just a couple of weeks ago, where they were doing a little runway show intro to colorblocking, and even the French hosts looked a bit taken aback..they are always fashionable bien sur but tend to shy away from color. Pink and red takes guts. When I get tired of blending in, I love to freak out the natives by wearing bright colors...colorblocking is now on my to-do list.:-)

Tabitha said...

Great pics!

I'm toying with the idea of a fringe just now, is it a long ish one? May we have a peek?

ADG said...

LFG and I almost took off for Paris this week. Marissa Berenson...I literally bumped in to her one afternoon in the Ritz. She was so stunning. And my shoulder smelled of her scent for a few minutes thereafter.

ADG

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I actually like color blocking more after seeing your "real life" image! It really does help sometimes to see a look on the street. Your stylist is so cute..she looks joyful!!

Spiral Style said...

Love the color block example and thanks for the fashion report summary. I'll be in Paris in three weeks and I have a good idea of what to pack.
I would LOVE to have my haircut by your stylist.

Monique said...

Paris will be always Paris.

BigLittleWolf said...

Love that dash of color! (And Marissa Berenson is looking fantastic.)

Deja Pseu said...

Estelle is gorgeous herself! Those eyes!!!

The grandmother(!!) is fabulous, look at those wedge sandals!

And the color-blocking, this works here because she's chosen two colors with similar hue and intensity, so it still looks flattering. (I love pink and orange together.)

Guess I'll be bringing my striped tee...

LPC said...

I like that color block precisely because her top is not a block:). I do not need to dress like a rectangle, but this I could do. In blues and aquas, bien sur, but still. Thank you.

Northmoon said...

Love the colour block style.

And is that on street ice cream in the background? (you can see where my mind runs these days!!) I bet Paris ice cream is delicious.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Nice colour blocking...
your stylish is so adorable...love her hair!

The grandmother looks fabulously turned out for a stroll with her grand baby.

I am wondering how you can have a fringe and use it or not...I might be the only daft person to ask but how does that work?

SE said...

Oh, I love these! What a fantastic example of color blocking (and good grief, those legs....)

I love the grandmother- I'd never think to put those pieces together, but they work beautifully together.

And the gentleman is, ahem, tres attractive.

Many thanks, Tish, for braving the streets of Paris and getting these pix!

Shelby said...

Not one person commented on that hot "coiffeur"?

Shari said...

Fab pics today, Tish. I'll be there in seven weeks! Looking forward to your reports about how the spring street styles morph into summer.

ida said...

Ohh I had so hoped to feel a tap on my shoulder last Friday (I was there for a long weekend)!!

Has Marissa Berenson naturally curly hair? so difficult to find a good hair dresser that can cut curly hair well.

Paris always makes me feel younger,French men are very gallant to gals of a certain age especially in the Spring! Ida

quintessence said...

Well I can see why you go to have your hair cut there - ahem!! I had bangs forever that I could flip to the side or not - and then I grew them out thinking it was a more elegant look. Now my forehead is feeling naked again!!

Jill Ann said...

Totally agree with Ida...nearly impossible to find a stylist who can cut OR style very curly hair. My teenage daughter has hair similar to Marisa Berenson's. She wears it long and curly, or ponytailed. It would be nice to have another option once in a while; but all they can think to do is flatiron the life out of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...