Saturday, April 9, 2011

On The Country Streets




























































































When they choose jeans, they come in every imaginable shape, but almost always in shades of blue. They can be rolled, ripped, boyfriend or second skin. The rest of the ensemble is the personal style of each woman. No two women ever have the same look.

The simplicity of a white linen man's shirt for example, becomes sultry feminine when Cristel tucks it loosely into her jeans, rolls the sleeves and leaves that extra button ever-so-carelessly unbuttoned. (My inclination would have been a neat tuck or worn out -- proof I'm still on a learning curve.)

Others chose light tunics, a waist coat, plaid shirts, and much of the time, scarves. Sandals are beginning to appear.

The country is friendly territory for me. Rarely does anyone say, "non, merci," when I request a walk through. The problem this week was that I wasn't out and about as much as I would have liked. More next week, I promise.

13 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

These simple, neutral looks are really my favorites! Also, since my school nickname is The Scarf Lady, I think I would fit right in!! The country style is actually a very chic style,,,

ida said...

Love the 'mother & daughter' photo.
Shades of Kate Middleton & her mother!
Happy weekend. Ida

Spiral Style said...

So chic, yet effortless.

Deja Pseu said...

I can see I'm going to need a linen shirt now. ;-)

Everyone looks so casually chic. Not a wrong note in the bunch.

knitwit said...

I think overall I actually like the country looks better than the city ones. But let's be honest, EVERYONE in France looks fabulous. Glad you didn't have to deal with rejection this time!

Brenda Leyland said...

What a fun posting.... each woman looked great in her outfit involving jeans.

Casually chic...

quintessence said...

So envious that you're having weather where you can be out and about without a jacket!! All lovely but I especially like the first shot with the casually chic scarves which make the look!

LuxeBytes said...

It has interested me to notice that when women wear scarves, they go for muted or tone-on-tone. In the U.S., scarves are supposed to be good for that "pop" of color to an otherwise neutral outfit. It seems rare to see a French woman with the "pop." Care to weigh in on that with your experience, Tish? (Or Cherie, who I miss so much.)

xoxox

Northmoon said...

Great looks, your country photos are my favourites.

I agree with LuxBytes on the scarves. The neutral scarf look appeals to me, but they are hard to find here.

And I tried on a loose white shirt yesterday but put it back as too baggy for me. If I'd only seen your post first I would have tried tucking it in!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

How refreshing that the country gals are more receptive to having their pictures taken!

I love jeans...and need a new pair...I am trying to decide what kind/style to buy.
Would you consider doing a post on jeans Tish?

Enjoy your weekend.

Hostess
XO

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to see "real" women-so casual, so chic! Merci!

Beth - In My World... said...

Each of these women are beautiful and their confidence and comfort in their own skin radiates. Wonderful!

deb said...

can your friend give us a lesson on how to tie the scarf worn by the young woman on the right in the first photo?

loving the neutrals!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...