Saturday, April 2, 2011

On The Country Streets
























































Sun drenched Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings are the best days to take pictures in the country.
























































We live in an area where many Parisians have country or family homes and the town near ours is always a bustle of activity as everyone is out buying their baguettes from Claire; their tartes (and the to-die-for chocolate Symphony cake) from Clarisse; newspapers and magazines from Joelle; prescriptions and magic natural beauty products from Christine and Sophie's pharmacy; and the world's best ham from Madame et Monsieur Duflos (no one calls them by their first names; no one knows their first names).

Mr. Duflos, a Normandy native, also makes an obscenely rich pommes Daupinoise heavy with cream and Emmental.

As everyone was running about doing their shopping, they inevitably passed by Babette's boutiques -- the shoe store with lots of new Repettos, and her clothing store. Her boutiques are irresistible. Women were not browsing, they were buying. 




















This is how they were dressed for the day. And look, one skirt! It's scattered with polka dots which you can't see, but my great friend Pseu creator of Une Femme, is teaching me how to fix my pix.

15 comments:

Tabitha said...

Such a beautiful little village, what a lovely place to live.

Anonymous said...

These are real women. Merci, keep these pictures coming.

Catherine said...

I appreciate the "real-ness" too!

Northmoon said...

So interesting to see the different lengths for the tops - a short cardigan over a tunic length; a dress over leggings just below the knee. More inspiration from real women doing daily life, thank you.

And I can see the dots now that you mention them.

quintessence said...

I'm with Tabitha - looks like your village is charming with lovely food and fashion. I could manage with that for quite a while!!

JuliCo said...

I am very new in blogging world, but how fortunate that I start following your blog. Thank you! Even though it makes me miss my good old Europe a lot...

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Lovely images Tish!
It's great to see the women out shopping in your quaint village...the descriptions of market habits is so much friendlier than my local village shops...we could enhance our transactions by getting to know our shop keepers better...like you do in France.

Have a delightful weekend!

Hostess
XO

Deja Pseu said...

Your little village sounds fantastique! My mouth is watering thinking about all of those great food shops (and the Repettos!). These women are great ambassadors of casual chic style. I second Northmoon's comment about seeing the mixed lengths.

Belle de Ville said...

What a lovely place to live. You, Vicki Archer, and Dash are living my dream life!

Anne @ The Frump Factor said...

I love these pictures so much. I read a lot of fashion blogs, but these finally caused me to start a folder of saved photos -- "fabulous outfit ideas to copy." Keep them coming!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

What you have done with this post, is make me want to move there really, really bad! It just sounds wonderful! I love your pictures.

LuxeBytes said...

The ordinary, quotidian things in your life are very, very beautiful, Tish. What a lovely life.

xoxoxo

California Girl said...

You make it sound so divine; a country home outside Paris, shopping for fresh baked goods, tiny boutiques. A lovely way to live...

Class factotum said...

What I like is that none of them are wearing heavy winter coats any more. I am envious.

Me said...

Yep

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...