Wednesday, April 20, 2011

News & Views, This & That

Necklace by Marie-Hélène de Taillac. Not much to say really, except perhaps: "Oh, merci darling, you shouldn't have. Can you help me fasten it in back?


Where to start? A weather report perhaps?

Temperatures unseasonably warm, sun pouring down, trees, flowers, cats, dogs, and, yes, the general population unseasonably/unreasonably happy as a result of the "natural light therapy." However, there's always a "but" or a "however," farmers are worried about the paucity of rain. I best hit the streets with my camera and my patter, n'est-ce pas?

Are you sitting there wondering if I have anything interesting to say today? Here it comes. . .

Still On Board





The marineres are coming out of winter storage again. If you never want to see another one in blue and white, you have several options from Armor Lux .




I rather like the pale blue with the navy and the preppy navy and green. The blue on blue would be quite snappy beneath a navy blazer. The red and white looks fresh too.

Is It Just Me?











When I first saw these shoes from the Charlotte Olympia summer collection, I thought, "terrifying." On second inspection I realized they are not only dangerous, but also labeled as such. Note the banana peel sides mixed among the fruit salad motif.

Forewarned.

A Little Tough Love Never Hurts




Or does it?

This week's French Elle has a feature entitled: "23 Trucs Pour Avoir L'Air Moins Fatiguée" or "23 Tricks to Appear Less Tired" -- intriguing, non?

Joelle Ciocco, the "guru of beautiful skin" suggests we slap our faces after cleansing in the morning. It's extremely "tonic" apparently and gives us nice rosy cheeks. (OK, she did say, "gently.")

Jewelry designer Marie-Hélène de Taillac has a less aggressive approach to the subject, sparkly bijoux to reflect light on our faces. (One doesn't preclude the other of course.)

Madame de Taillac is very specific in her counsel:


Pink tourmaline.
Rose rubellite.


1.) Young women should choose colored stones like rose tourmaline, rubellite in deep rose, red spinel  or a "tres claire" emerald.
Not quite diamonds, but not bad. 18 karat gold with smokey quartz.

2.) More mature women (or those more timid, she adds) should opt for gold, diamonds and/or pearls.

All bijoux pictured are of her design. Kinda makes you want a little something, non?

15 comments:

Deja Pseu said...

All I can say is, Paris had better be saving some of that nice weather for our visit! We plan to hit Saint Chapelle this time and want *sunshine*!

Hooray for marinières! My current favorite is a white-on-navy 3/4 sleeve.

The shoes are indeed terrifying. On so many levels. They make me think of Carmen Miranda, though, who was wonderful.

I'm with Madame de Taillac on having a bit of light reflected about the face. Really does do wonders. Love the pink tourmalines and the smoky quartz.

Jose Ramon Santana Vazquez said...

...traigo
sangre
de
la
tarde
herida
en
la
mano
y
una
vela
de
mi
corazón
para
invitarte
y
darte
este
alma
que
viene
para
compartir
contigo
tu
bello
blog
con
un
ramillete
de
oro
y
claveles
dentro...


desde mis
HORAS ROTAS
Y AULA DE PAZ


COMPARTIENDO ILUSION
A FEMMME D UN CERTAIN AGE

CON saludos de la luna al
reflejarse en el mar de la
poesía...




ESPERO SEAN DE VUESTRO AGRADO EL POST POETIZADO DE MEMORIAS DE AFRICA , CHAPLIN MONOCULO NOMBRE DE LA ROSA, ALBATROS GLADIATOR, ACEBO CUMBRES BORRASCOSAS, ENEMIGO A LAS PUERTAS, CACHORRO, FANTASMA DE LA OPERA, BLADE RUUNER ,CHOCOLATE Y CREPUSCULO 1 Y2.

José
Ramón...

Francine Gardner said...

I really need a lift! I cannot bare anymore rain and my parents are complaining about the heat! Can't wait to feel it as I will be devouring cherries, perched on the tree. As for my impending need of a fresh rested face, I'll take the jewels over the slapping!

ms. caboo said...

I wish I could say it's warm here, but it's not. The sun was shining for just a brief moment and now it's cloudy again!

I love the necklace. It is so delicate looking, yet so happy at the same time!

Duchesse said...

Gold, diamonds and pearls are hardly "timid" in skilled jeweler's hands, and will endure. Pearls light the face, but fake pearls are not as effective- the soul is missing.

Northmoon said...

I wish I could send your farmers some of the rain we are getting around here. I'm trying to build parks, and the mud is killing our schedules! Plus it's cold and miserable out too. But I don't want to hurt Deja Pesu's vacation, so perhaps just the rain at night time only.

The sparkly bijoux are lovely, but I'm more of a stud earing type. Perhaps some rubellite studs are in order? Even if I am old, I reserve the right to wear bright colour.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I have been lusting after pink quartz...
I already have diamonds, gold and pearls...

In the name of great skin I am off to slap my face...gently :)

BTW those are Horrid shoes!

Eileen said...

Ladies of yore were always pinching cheeks and lightly slapping faces to produce a rosey glow largely because they weren't permitted to wear make-up. Since we can, I think I'll give the gentle little slaps a miss.

The jewelry is lovely; especially the striking rainbow of a necklace. On the subject of who should wear what, though, I think it's ridiculous to suggest that an older woman can only wear diamonds and pearls. I hope Madame de Taillac had her tongue firmly planted in her cheek when she said that.

Shari said...

Deja Pseu, you beat me to it. I immediately thought of Carmen Miranda also. Those things are ridiculous.

Such a lovely collection of bijoux today, Tish. I'm feeling covetous.

Much as I try, I cannot seem to warm to marinieres. I don't think they suit me, though I like them on others, especially tall blondes.

As for awakening techniques, I think it would perk me up more to slap someone else!

I sure hope I still qualify as young enough to wear the pink and rose earrings as they are just darling. Now that's the best idea for a rosy glow around the face.

Thanks for the eclectic little jewel of a post today, Tish. You're always a pick-me-up.

BigLittleWolf said...

LOVE the shoes! (Wouldn't wear them.) And personally, I prefer the earrings to the slap any day.

And by the way - Dior is showing some DIVINE new lipsticks, very emollient, filled with a sort of sparkly light - yet one more way to get some light around one's face - but on the face. Extremely flattering, no scent or taste to bother, and excellent for slightly drying (femme d'un certain age) lèvres. (No, I don't work for Dior.)

Now if only they were giving away tourmaline to go with.

Toñi Buendia said...

I'm in love with your blog!! nice , so nice!!kisses from Spain. TOñi

Splenderosa said...

OMG, those shoes! They must be a cartoon. Isn't it amazing what "someone" might actually buy in the name of fashion? The jewels are splendid, as is this post. I've been missing you, Tish!
Sending love....

Anonymous said...

After the board meeting from hell, reading your blog is definitely the best medicine ... however one pair of each would also do nicely.

quintessence said...

I can't even tell you how many of the Amor Lux marinières I've had over the years - and now that you mention it, I think I'm due for a new one! And I've been drooling over Marie-Hélène de Taillac's jewelry for years now - I think you are trying to torture me today!!

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

I'm going to start gently slapping my face. I was thinking this morning as I put foundation on that my glow has finally left me.

Love the earrings, beautiful! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...