Friday, February 11, 2011

On-The-Street
























A little bit of city, a lot of country, plus one tiny dog. 





































































Her name is Ficelle (string) and she shakes a lot. She is also a perfect accessory as you can see. She melds beautifully with the neutral palette of her mistress. So sweet.



























































































Crystal wearing a man's plaid shirt, note the pale blue cuffs.

*Today I have my two English conversation classes and immediately thereafter I'm off to Paris. I'm wearing my black cashmere T-shirt with the cowl neck accessory which equals a turtleneck, my gray flannel trousers, my new black patent leather moccasins, gray teardrop pearl earrings, my watch, my Ray-Ban Wayfarer prescription sunglasses (so I don't hit a tree while driving) and inside the neck of my coat a scarf in smallish abstract circles of navy, white, gray, black and a bright blue. My pal Pseu creator of Une Femme taught me how to tie it properly.

16 comments:

Tabitha said...

Oh the teeny tiny dog has stolen my heart

Bea said...

The lady in the first photo is so elegant and poised, love her! I love when older ladies still care about their appearance.
On the street are my favourite posts, please keep them coming!

Stephanie said...

I love the first photo. Love it. She's charming.

quintessence said...

I love both the first shot - totally agree with Bea on this one. And little Ficelle is charming - the perfect accessory!!

ms. caboo said...

Oh, to be so elegant! I like that each woman isn't wearing anything "flashy", and it makes them look very chi-chi and classy.

tbd said...

These "about town" pictures and the details of what you are actually wearing for the day and the activity you are doing that day (even when "you may or may not leave the house" is very very helpful. I picture everything you are wearing down to the shoes, watch and earrings!
May I ask for one more item to add in your descriptives? Your bag/purse/tote? Crossbody, satchel, clutch?
I am wearing gray, black and navy today. I frequently do. A black patent shoe may be just what I need for a bit of shine!

Deja Pseu said...

HI Tish - interesting to see the plaids. The cuffs are a wonderful touch.

Do tell us about your patent moccasins...which ones did you ultimately purchase?

the gardeners cottage said...

love the last photo. it's very me. thanks for all your pictures.

xo
janet

James said...

I would so love to have coffee with that delightful woman in the first photo.

LPC said...

I am dying over that lady in the first photo. Her shoes. Her hat. She reminds me of my departed cousin Estelle. Wonderful.

JMW said...

I love the dress the woman in the second photo is wearing, although they all look so very chic! The outfit you will be sporting sounds wonderful as well. Enjoy Paris!

materfamilias said...

Oh, that first shot is wonderful. Gives me hope for my own future. . . she really wears the hat well.

Claudia said...

The photos all charm - but the first elegant lady enchants.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Ah, the older lady is simply divine, isn't she?
Happy weekend to you!

Beadboard UpCountry said...

Love the first pic, she is elegant. and the lady with le chien, she needs to get le chein an ensemble for the chilly weather.....Then Ficelle might not shake so much!!!I am sorry but dogs in France like to dress!!!!!Maryannexo

itztru said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...