Sunday, February 6, 2011

Next Week or La Semaine Prochaine

























It's clear to me now, when talking about "appropriating" Audrey Tautou's Bordeaux jacket yesterday I should have said I am "appropriating" -- note use of quotation marks -- her veste.

First off, do you realize how tiny she is?

Second, she's French. Translation: she surely has no intention of parting with it. Who would?

My plan was to have it made. I have the world's most brilliant seamstress. She once worked for one of the grand couturiers.

On The Agenda for The Week Ahead:

(In no particular order)

1.) Questions answered, qualifications offered, explanations forthcoming on the 20-item wardrobe series from last week. (Plus the 20/20.)

2.) What I don't own, what I don't wear and what I'm still trying to find.

3.) Cherie -- keep those questions coming please.

4.) On-the-street

5.) Surprises

*The first outfit from the 20-item selection. 

Et voila. A demain.

4 comments:

Marsi said...

Dear Cherie:

I don't think I've ever worn brown leather in my life but am contemplating a brown leather belt that I like quite a lot. Is it permissible to mix a brown belt with black shoes, for example?

(Of course, I'm still trying to tell myself that mixing a brown leather belt with black clothing is not a sin ... or is it?)

Bisous,
M.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, "having it made"!! Brilliant! In 100 years, I never would have thought of that. I would have exhausted myself searching for something that doesn't exist. Yes, we Americans can be that silly. This is why I love your blog....it is helping to smarten me up!! Many thanks,

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Oh that Audrey, I can't imagine how tiny she must be? She is divine.

Looking forward to the new week and hoping you had a lovely weekend Tish?

Cheers ~ Deb

quintessence said...

So envious that you have a talented seamstress - that is a person I would welcome in my life with open arms!! And she probably knows great sources for fabrics as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...