Saturday, January 15, 2011

On-the-Street (Sort of. . .)































































































































































It was raining chats et cheins yesterday, thus making it impossible to take pictures literally on-the-street. Furthermore, everyone was in overdrive sorting through the soldes and didn't seem interested in breaking away from the possibility of a once-in-a-lifetime find to walk toward my camera. Go figure.

In the town near our village where I snapped these pictures, I have yet to see a 50 percent markdown. The boutiques always start at 30 percent, which is annoying. I'm holding out.

For next week the meteo person has predicted more clement weather. I trust she means sunshine and not merely warmer temperatures with rain. No matter, I'm on it. We WILL have more out and about pictures. In the meantime, this is the best I could do.

On a "don't really need to know, but it's interesting, basis": the woman dressed in black is the mother of six adult children, some of whom are in their late 30s and the woman in the high boots and trench celebrated her 44th wedding anniversary last week. (Sorry about the background in her picture. She is gorgeous, so just focus on her please. Merci par avance.)

Have a lovely weekend.

A demain for the semaine prochaine line-up.

12 comments:

BigLittleWolf said...

Amazing how good French women look in jeans and boots. It is that undefinable je ne sais quoi that we all covet. Naturellement. (Which is part of why we adore coming here and seeing and learning, chère Tish.)

Beth - In My World... said...

It takes no more time to put oneself together than it does to don stretch pants and sneakers. Thank you for sharing these wonderful shots, Tish - absolutely wonderful!

Deja Pseu said...

What Beth said. If you cultivate good neutral pieces, you can pull together a basic outfit in seconds, and then accent at will. Each one has her own style but all look nicely and comfortably pulled together.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Boots and jeans seem to be the uniform on the street.
maybe you'll find something wonderful at the sales...keep us posted!

Jennifer-Adventuresome Kitchen said...

What great inspiration for not growing frumpy as we grow older!! I Love it!!

Deb said...

Fantastic! Wish I had the legs for those skinny jeans in picture 1! All these women look wonderful. Makes you wonder why we see so many sloppy people in public.

Must say I'm intrigued at the idea of government regulated sales - news to me! Seems like a more civilized approach and maybe also means that it's a real sale, not a hauling in of trash no one wants and "marking it down" - we're not fooled!

Beadboard UpCountry said...

Hi Tish!
Good to see there are thing left in the soleds!!!! I will be foraging through myself next week in the Marais......Look Out Gerard Darel ...maryannexo

Belle de Ville said...

Tish, I wish you a week of sun and warmer weather although I do like the 'jeans in boots' looks that these ladies are sporting. It's the chic way to deal with rain.

Anonymous said...

Am I behind the fashion? Where are the scarves?

Annecychic said...

Love these posts! My favorite pic is #2; the boots, the white blouse, the trench--always classic. Thanks, Tish!

Duchesse said...

Must be mild there, it is -18C here today! I'd love to have the skrt of the woman in the black sweater.

Je m'appelle Cynthia said...

I feel confident enough now to say ...

I could be one of those women!

(Must be from reading your blog!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...