Sunday, January 30, 2011

Next Week or La Semaine Prochaine


























Next week is filled with what I like to refer to as my annual revisions, similar to taking my car into the garage to have everything checked out. In other words, the banal once-a-year doctors' visits: eyes, teeth (more often if needed), dermatologist, etc.

Along with yesterday's confession about entertaining, here comes another one: I really, really, really don't like doctors. In all cases mentioned, and not, I really, really, really like the individuals with whom I have made my appointments. However, I would rather see them at, let's say -- a cocktail party for example. 

I'm giving you the back-story because I know what I have planned for next week on our calendar, but don't know for which days. All rendez-vous are in Paris and I can never predict how long I will wander/dawdle before or after. 

So, without a specific daily commitment, here is what I (and perhaps Cherie) have planned for next week:

On The Agenda For The Week Ahead. . .

Surprises, of course.

Manners -- possibly a series if I get carried away, which is often my wont as you know.

My 20 item wardrobe -- this will definitely be a series. (Do join me if you feel so inclined.)

News, Views, Etc.

Cherie -- please send in your questions. (It's one way of keeping her under control.)

And, who knows?

A demain. Hope your Sunday is sunny like ours.

7 comments:

Marsi said...

Dear Cherie:

How does one convalesce in style?

Show me the way.

Bisous,
M.

BigLittleWolf said...

I always enjoy your surprises. (And I'm looking forward to hearing more about manners. Something contemporary culture in the US seems to be forgetting about.)

C'est pas beau, ça.

Shelley said...

Twenty item wardrobe? I can't wait!

Lorrie said...

My heart beats a little faster just talking about dentists and doctors - I'm sure my blood pressure is always higher at a check up than it is normally. So I feel for you. I'm working up my nerve for the round of appointments next month, too.

Annabel Manners said...

Looking forward to the manners post. I too trundle off to annual checkups in January... virtuous, but no fun.

Have a wonderful week!

knitpurl said...

Postponing some related items to my January physical -- we are expecting a blizzard in 48 hours! Didn't realize this month was popular for all things health related. Good luck with your visits, Tish.
Come back Cherie, I miss your tartness, your boldness and even reading about your lifestyle.
I'm waiting to see who will write "manners" -- Tish or Cherie...xoxo, C.

Anonymous said...

Could you ask Cherie the following:

Have you ever been to the U.S.? Which customs or cultural influences interest you?

Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...