Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Midas Touch









































A touch of gold perhaps? Real, faux, fun, or frankly funky? 

Why not, n'est-ce pas?

If you don't wish to add ornamentation en or to your wardrobe (though I'll show you here how to do it for mere pennies, or centimes or other small change) don't forget, champagne is a golden liquid that guarantees a sparkly fin d'année that could be a long term investment when consumed with the right person under the right circumstances. . .

Above: A major statement golden "ribbon" cuff by Osanna Visconti that could (or definitely could not) be paired with the "Rock and Baroque" Yves Saint Laurent manicure (ingredients for same, pictured beneath).

























Below:  Gold and white Greek motif ribbon; Moschino Cheap and Chic coat -- although it may be the one without the other, or neither or both, depending upon one's point-of-view -- oval minaudière from Forever 21; a man's cummerbund (every woman should own a few of these in a variety of colors); Repetto ballerines (well, what did you expect from me anyway?); lurex-y tights from Asos, I'm really on the fence about these, particularly after a certain age, but I could see them peeping out from a long skirt or large satin pants; a sweet heart minaudière from Reisson; simple gold cord to use any way you wish, as a belt, in your hair, wrapped several times around a wrist, intertwined some way or other, glue it someplace -- you decide. 






16 comments:

Deja Pseu said...

Ohhh, LOVE that cuff! I'd probably skip the gold tights though...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family, Tish!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh gold is in dearest, anytime.....a little brash brass never hurt anyone and dang, life is too short!!!!

BONNE ANNÉE!!! Anita

Design Elements said...

wonderful cuff! i like the coat...

Marsi said...

I'm with the others: I'll take the cuff.

xoxoxo

a Broad said...

I'll take the shoes.
I can't wear any jewelry here that even pretends to be gold, someone will decide to removed it from my arm/finger/neck... :(
But I think the shoes are safe ... unless some fashion crazed woman comes after them !

Beth Hazelton said...

I think it is time to venture out of my comfort zone...I REALLY like these shoes! The nails would never work for me...I don't have long luxurious fingers. Mine resemble vienna sausages. Oh, well...c'est le vie!

knitpurl said...

Someone has to be different -- I do not like the cuff. The tights, under that long skirt or even wool slacks in my winter climate, would be a touch of luxe. Everything else gold -- I'll take. Nice topic for these in between holidays. In genuine sunshine at the moment, xoxo, C.

Anonymous said...

OK Tish,
With gold I'd go very, very easy and snap up the cord, the Greek key ribbon or the cumberbund to tie at my waist.
Fun post as we approach 2011.
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Tish, please tell us more about the time in your life and your experience working with your former boss, Kurt Luedtke.

Belle de Ville said...

Tish, I love gold jewelry, high polish, burnished whatever. Gold clothes, not so much, but that jacket that you posted, I would definitely wear.

Lily Lemontree said...

Adore the cuff!! ...and just about anything gold!

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Tish, fabulous choices. I've run out of money almost so it would be the nail varnishes for me. Purple and gold are beautiful together.

I hope you had a brilliant Christmas xx

Spiral Style said...

I'm partial to the coat and tights. The cuff is amazing!

BigLittleWolf said...

Love love love the cuff. Love love love the collant - go figure!

Fab picks, Tish.

Jennifer-Adventuresome Kitchen said...

I agree with you about the tights- I'm a little on the fence there myself- but I LOVE the jacket and the gold shoes! Have had a lovely time in Paris, and felt like I fit right in!

K.Bean said...

The cuff! Fantastic. I'm suddenly wondering if I can handle gold tights. Hmmm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...