Wednesday, November 24, 2010

News, Views, This, That. . .






















Since today is Thanksgiving Eve in the United States and everyone is thinking about what they will be cooking and eating, I thought I would give all of us (even those of us who do not, or no longer celebrate the holiday) a post full of "little bites" of miscellanea which may be savored, passed over, or quickly tasted. 

Are you thinking, "What is it with her, once she gets on a metaphor?" Let me explain, that's what happens when one doesn't have an editor saying, "Whoa, calm down, enough already."

But never mind.

With headlines to help you with your menu, we're off. . .

If I Were A Man. . .
























In 2006, Catherine Deneuve told Figaro Madame magazine the following: "Si j'etais un homme, je serais George Clooney."  ("If I were a man, I would be George Clooney.") 

Good choice I think.

If The Pants Fit














































Phoebe Philo, the designer for the modern, invigorated Celine collections, has come up with a great idea, a sort of "trouser bar" where women can choose from five different models. All the styles are available through the year and include the following cuts: masculine; classic straight; extra-large with a high waist; pleats; or slim and shortish (skimming the top of the ankle).

Can It Be Returned or Exchanged?























Let's say, for example, someone near and dear offers you this horrible mink and pearl ring from Louis Vuitton. What would you do?

Pearls, But Not Really




















Two new nail polish shades for spring from Chanel. Your choice. It depends upon whether you prefer black pearls or white pearls. You could put the black on your toes, white on your fingernails or the opposite and if you happen to be a fan of gray pearls you could probably mix the two.

15 comments:

Jeanne-Aelia Desparmet-Hart said...

YOU ARE SO CLEVER. I love this post. Have a great Thanksgiving Day whether or not you bring on the enormous turkey...

Ian said...

Catherine Deneuve...if I was a woman I would be CD but then I would have been in love with myself for the past
20 years.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OOOO, what a delicious post my dear, and your comment touches my heart of art and my mind of budding reason...living with Dr. Ruben has helped me quite a bit! Looking forward to a wonderful new year of giving our talents a go at it, and if you happen to help open a door, what a joy that would be. Merci dix mille fois mon amie pour ta générosité et amitié; bisous à vous tous et bonne semaine! That ring, oh mon Dieu, qu'est-ce qu'on pensait? Mais Sir George....whoah.....dang good choice!

Anita

Duchesse said...

Isn't that 5-cuts of trouser offering what stores like Banana Republic and Talbot's have done by naming and standardizing their cuts?

I've been wearing slightly pearly beigy polishes for the past year, by Rimmel and OPI. Look for the hint of pearl, not heavy frost, which looks junior high.

ShirazandFrenchBlue said...

love this post, If could be a man, I would be Will Smith he is so cool, cute, great family, great talent, and funny.

Marsi said...

I would love, love, love to have the perfect pair of Celine trousers. What a great idea.

That ring is all sorts of horrid, isn't it? My cats would go after it, and I wouldn't stop them ....

Happy Thanksgiving!

xoxox --
M.

JMW said...

I have never been one to wear the really dark nail polish, but for some reason, I'm drawn to the gray pearl. May have to try it. Will you be celebrating Thanksgiving at your French abode?

Ian said...

Thanks for your comments.
I have no idea why you cannot follow me.
Try again,maybe you are not hitting the correct buttons?
I know Catherine follows me.

Russian Chic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Casa Très Chic said...

Catherine Deneuve should read this comments, she would certainly be delighted with Ian's words, he said everything that could be said in few and elegant words.
Hugs from Brasil
Tereza

knitpurl said...

Love your post, I too would love Phoebe P.'s Celine trousers. The ring is too funny, and would be for fun if I owned it -- think of the comments one would get. As we begin to face winter (I think of Marsi who's looked at snow for weeks in her part of the world)here in the States' Midwest, I must write how fun this is with all the international responses. xoxoxo
PS on the hunt for the "pearly beige" D. mentions above.

BODECI body said...

Oh my. You offer a question that has no possible correct answer. If I were offered that hideous ring I think I would ask the giver if it were truly a gift for me to do what I wanted. If the answer were "yes", I would ask if I could donate the proceeds to a children's charity I support. If the giver seemed in the least bit miffed I would suggest she find another to give it to as I am blessed with too much and there are too many who could appreciate more.

BigLittleWolf said...

Deneuve and Clooney. If ever there were a pair of classics...

Happy Thanksgiving, Tish.

xoxo
D

Spiral Style said...

The ring is egregious.

Lorrie said...

I agree with Catherine Deneuve about GC. The pearly white nail polish over the black. Definitely NOT the ring - was the designer on crack?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...