Friday, October 22, 2010

On-the-Street


















































































































You may be wondering the same thing I was wondering yesterday. Where are all les Parisiennes?

Good question. I certainly didn't see any photo op subjects. Maybe they are dressing down and demonstrating against the proposed law to advance the retirement age (and anything else President Nicolas Sarkozy might propose), or perhaps they were simply keeping a low profile.

Either way, I couldn't find them.

As you know my raison d'etre is to keep you happy and entertained, so once again I hit the cobblestone streets of the village next to ours and came up with these lovely ladies -- proving, I think it is safe to say -- that gray and "greige" are a major movement.

Speaking of scarves, as Cherie was yesterday, the master of the metier is Deja Pseu. I think you should visit her today to see what she's up to. She did a great sleight of hand on one of mine while we sipped and nibbled on outrageously divine delicacies at Angelina's on the rue de Rivoli, but unfortunately it came unwound. Every time I wore it I tried not to disturb her handiwork, but finally the loops unlooped. (Will you fix it for me in May ma chere? I'll pin it next time.)

8 comments:

Deja Pseu said...

Merci, chere Tish! The second tie I've shown should work for your scarf; I think this is the one I did for you before.

My Carolina Kitchen said...

Merci Tish. Thanks for the link to how to the video on properly tie a scarf. I hope she'll show us how to tie other size scarves in a future post.
Sam

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

You really know how to serve up humor, chic and sass! I love IT ALL! I wanna look just like one of these DAMES when I grow up. :)

I hope you are feeling better dearest, and how is your CHIEN? Mieux, j'espère....Anita

Anonymous said...

I, for one, will be glad to see these heavy, loopy long scarves go - I am only 5' 3", and no matter how clever I get, I think most of us look like turtles with all the additional fabric draped however creatively around our necks. Hmmmph.

Shelley said...

Do French women still smoke much? I always thought they did - part of staying slim - but thankfully I've never noticed any ciggies in your photos...

Duchesse said...

What differentiates North Americans and (these) French women is the French woman does not feel compelled to "add a pop of colour" with a red shoe or a bright scarf. I blame the mall culture of North America and the bizarre wish to 'look young'.

A subdued palette is far more elegant.

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying your blog, which I found recently. I just turned 55 a couple of months ago, it's been the hardest birthday for me so far in terms of getting older and showing it. I am looking for some guidance on how to look both age appropriate and well put together so I especially appreciate all the great ideas you share on how to do this. Merci beaucoups from deep in the backwoods of South Carolina USA

suzanne vachon said...

I agree with you about clumpy eyelashes, my mother had sometimes clumpy eyelashes, now that reached her age, I promised myself I would never have clumpy eyelashes, but it happened, I think as we get older, we do not see as well, and our eyelashes get dryer, we also keep our mascara too long, we should buy new mascara every 6 months 3 would be better. Merci pour tous vos conseils Tish. decogirlmontreal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...