Friday, October 29, 2010

All Tied Up






























































































































































Scarves and shawls, two of my favorite subjects. (I realize up until this moment you probably thought I was an intellectual. . .) 

No, call me superficial if you like, but when it comes to wanton spending of Euros, more often than not it's on these items. To my surprise and delight, while flipping through my scarves and shawls I realized -- well, fashion is my life after all -- I already own lots of right on the moment fashion statements: camel, gray, leopard, also leopard in shades of gray and blue (very chic, as you can imagine), navy blue, French blue, red plaid -- I could go on and on, but enough said.

If you think that will stop me from shopping for more, you couldn't be more wrong.

Since, as I've mentioned on several occasions, I have about three or four tying techniques in my repertoire, I like to turn to my fab friend, Pseu, for tips and tricks. May I recommend you do the same? She has produced another tutorial for us today, click and see at Une Femme.

Pictured above are a few women I've snapped on the street over the last months, all wearing their scarves. Some treat them solely as neck decoration, others want the warmth as well.
























Please note, directly above is a picture of our teacher, Pseu, on the rue de Rivoli, taken by moi meme. Note that complicated scarf trick she's pulled off -- pretty spiffy don't you think?

12 comments:

Deja Pseu said...

Aww, merci chere Tish! I see les francaises are still favoring the longer scarves over the silk squares...

Northmoon said...

I too love scarves. They are the one item I never donate or eliminate from my wardrobe. Still room for more of the new longer ones though!

PS lovely photo of Deja Pseu. Hope she will show how to do that tie.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Tish,
I love seeing these out and about gals in their scarves.

Deja Pseu has another tutorial video today!

Love scarves, they are so versatile and while I do so adore Hermes I have others that are more pedestrian but worthy of wearing!

You two could collaborate and write a book on chic styles using scarves and ties.

Marsi said...

I'm just mad for scarves.

LPC said...

Oh Deja is so cute on the Rue!

Belle de Ville said...

I love the way that scarves frame the face and draw the eye upward and I wear them all the time... even in warm weather.
Aren't Pseu's videos just the best!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to see Pseu with a "pink" scarf - it looks so good on her... Can't wait to see the pink coat ;-)
And it's nice to see a color in this sea of beige, gris... At some point everybody looks the same... Ça devient monotone à la fin...

metscan said...

In the north, scarves and shawls are definitely needed. I manage with only a few, as owning less is important for me these days. A very good picture of Deja!

BODECI body said...

So Tish, I wore a scarf concoction demonstrated the other day in your post and have gotten rave reviews! I told them to check out your site and lo and behold, you have another scarf post! Oh I am so glad. The scarf I am wearing now I am doing the twisty thingie with another twist around the first loop. Like a necklace. Bold colors accent my skin tone. I like the scarf thing very much.

My Carolina Kitchen said...

Merci beaucoup Tish for another fine lesson on how to properly tie a scarf. I so enjoy them. Please continue.
Sam

knitpurl said...

Add my applause too for this lovely scarf post. (DP's video was very helpful, thanks DP.)
Bon weekend, xoxo, C.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Les françaises really know how to take a stripe of cloth and make it into a wonder of an accessory. Growing older with a French flair only means more sophistication...I'm lovin' it! Anita

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...