Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Weekend In The Country



















Our sweet, young plum tree, or prune tree as the French would say, absolutely outdid "herself" this summer. The branches are so heavy with fruit that they're dipping down toward the trunk.

Since we had not one apricot this year, maybe she is compensating for her friend.

We have already reaped 10 baskets-full like this, and there are more to come. They are divinely tart/sweet delicious -- no spray, all bio-natural -- and curiously the birds don't seem to be interested. Maybe they overdosed on the cherries.

Apples are on the way and the tomatoes are slowly turning red. My-Reason-For-Living-In-France just found the largest cucumber I have ever seen. I shall now photograph it for your delectation next week -- alongside a puny courgette for scale.

Have a wonderful weekend. It's glorious here today.  We're hoping for an Indian summer since we were cheated out of a beautiful August.

A demain for the weekly line-up.

14 comments:

JANE said...

Ooh, Tish, glorious is the word for those plums! You lucky ducks. And delectation, there's a delightful word. Looking forward to seeing it! J x

Morgane said...

tu as de la chance d'avoir des arbres fruitiers : tu me fais envie ! Le seul figuier dans le jardin de ma maison dans le finistère ne daigne même pas nous offrir l'ombre d'un fruit ! you know rainy Brittany!

Wildernesschic said...

I lost my victoria plum tree last winter, and will miss them. Your plums look divine xx

ms. caboo said...

We're enjoying a beautiful Indian summer here--heading off to the farmer's market downtown to purchase some great veggies! And, maybe some yummy baked goods--hard to resist.

la Brocanteuse said...

Hello Tish,
Beautiful image , enjoy your weekend hugs Colette~from a cold Spring day in Afrique du Sud

Paulita said...

They look fabulous. My kids have never been big plum fans, but this year when I brought some home, my 16-year-old ate all of them and said it was the best fruit he'd ever had. I need to find some more.

L'Elégante said...

Belle saison de fin d'été. On se régale de fruits mûrs et de la douceur du temps.
Passez un très beau week-end.

Average Girl said...

You have a great blog! I love it! And your plums make me think of my childhood at my grandmothers!

Tracy
www.goodgirlgoneaverage.blogspot.com

Belle de Ville said...

How lovely. I think that you need to bake a prune clafouti.

materfamilias said...

Gorgeous! What a fabulous clafoutis those would make!

Beadboard UpCountry said...

Tish! How lucky you are to have a tree so prolific!!!!I can imagine claufouti.....Yum!Maryanne xo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

VERY, VERY ROMANTIC...I don't know, even the French people's fruit trees and gardens evoke a worn beauty that never fades. Enjoy chaque moment ma belle avec ton amour...Anita

TG said...

ça c'est pour les confitures…

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Oh Trish I hope you have that Indian summer. Reading about your plum tree reminded me of the trees back home in Washington State & how you couldn't give away all the fruit they would produce. Wonderful thoughts of home and summer. I hope your weekend was lovely through & through.

Cheers my dear x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...