Thursday, September 30, 2010

Town & Country Out and About



























































































Cherie called in telling me -- not asking, she never asks -- she had luncheon, tea and cocktail invitations today and could not make her column deadline. She then told me she would write something "fantastic," her word, not mine, tomorrow.

That explains the flip in the schedule, but I know you like to see what's going on in the streets of Paris and the parking lot of the super marche where I buy my staples, not my fruits and veggies, cheese or fish. So, all is not lost. At least someone is always prepared.

A charming anecdote accompanies the first and second pictures taken in Paris. While buying my Shu Uemura eyelash curler the other day, I spied a woman in a trench coat at the Dior cosmetic counter and thought, "Ah-ha, time to whip out my card and camera." However, the more I looked at her, the more I thought she and her daughter (together in the second shot) might be Americans. 

I started circling and listening. After a moment, one of the makeup artists from Dior asked me if she could help me. "Yes," I said, "could you listen to those two women and tell me if they're American." She went to them, asked if they needed assistance and came back to tell me, "They're French."

It was time for me to move in. I spieled my spiel whereupon the adorable daughter looked at her mother and said, "See, I told you, you never listen to me."

Long story short, as much as I hate to abbreviate I realize you have other things to do today: She agreed to the photo op. And the dénouement of the tale? The stunning, fun makeup artist from Dior said to her, "Sit down, I'll do your makeup before you have your picture taken." 

11 comments:

knitpurl said...

I'm totally envious. What a lucky and beautiful woman. I also like the gal in the last pix. The clothes, the look, all so well put together - not to mention the lack of lumps and bumps on any of the women pictured. Looking forward to Cherie tomorrow. xoxo, c.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

I love your 'street' photos. I was wondering if people in France really do wear as many neutral colours as you show, or do you select people wearing neutrals because that's what you prefer??? They all look so chic wearing even something as bland as beige, but I look like death warmed over in that colour.

Genuine Lustre said...

I love the dark haired woman in this set. Nothing special about her outfit but she looks so .....smooth.

Duchesse said...

Thank you! Have you noticed how much more confident you seem about approaching people? And to our benefit!

Jeanne-Aelia Desparmet-Hart said...

Letitia, only you...

Cindy Swanson said...

Very cool story! I also enjoy your street pics. And I would love to get my make-up done by a Dior person!

ms. caboo said...

Your blog has given me the push to become interested in good clothes again. So for that, I have given you the Lovely Blog Award. See my latest blog for details. I love your blog--it gives me that little bit of sophistication I need every day!

Clarity said...

Dior are so lovely. I like this story because she had a triple compliment, first you and her daughter, then the make-up artist, now the world who can all see that she positively radiates.

P.S. I adore "neutral" tones.

materfamilias said...

So was the woman in the trench impressed when you told her how she could distress it with just scissors and a washing machine? ;-)

laparesseuse said...

Love it! You are definitely on your game.

"All things French" said...

The Mum looks so trendy in her trench-coat! it was worth the little bit of detective work first to get the real French story. Yay! and she was rewarded with the treat of having her face made-up by Dior! A win win situation.
~Dianne~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...