Monday, September 13, 2010

Surprise!!! Alternate Plan: Freebies!!






































































































































Petit changement de programme, but I don't think you will be disappointed. Tomorrow we'll do mouse up-date and news and views. I'm unexpectedly rushing off to Paris and prepared this post late Sunday night. 

You know my raison d'etre is to make you happy.

As it happens, this is a subject that makes me incredibly happy, Freebies! 

Every season, in many collections one can find details that cost nothing -- or nearly nothing -- that are legitimate mini-trend touches the designers added to their creations.

Here then is what some did for this fall and winter. Floppy ribbon bows at the neck chez Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana (twice) and Chloe. At Louis Vuitton, black velvet ribbons are tied at the waist for day and night.

You know I have a thing for ribbons so obviously I'm thrilled.

Ed. Note: My fashion instincts are telling me it wouldn't hurt to either pull out of our closets (or his) a waistcoat. They look fresh and new at the moment. They're a nice departure from the ubiquitous jacket.

11 comments:

Julienne said...

Leave it long enough and it all returns! Think I may be past velvet bows but not the waistcoats...I'll go dig them out except I probably won't need them till next winter unless I leap in ahead of fashion before it gets too warm! xx

Stephanie said...

A ribbon, I can do. I only wish they would stop trying to push those hairy boots!

Deja Pseu said...

Well spotted, Tish! Hope you're having a lovely time in Paris.

Tabitha said...

I'm all for bows when they're subtle like this, black grosgrain makes me faint with pleasure.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Looks like I will be digging out some of my old clothes which I never had the heart to part with :-) Diane

Duchesse said...

Those floppy ribbons, shades of my '80s corporate life when we all wore them with skirted suits. I'll admire them on others, but for me the association is too strong. Funny how an old experience can wreck one's open-mindedness!

I like waistcoats too, but in Canada they are like the silk blouse, good for three weeks of the year, then too cold in winter, too hot in summer.

Belle de Ville said...

OK, I'll admit it, I love bows. Big ones, small ones, whatever. It is probably my only nod towards girly taste.

laparesseuse said...

Hmm, like Duchesse, the bows give me flashbacks of John T. Malloy's dress for success look that was all the rage in the early 80s when I started my career in the US. I think I'll go with the advice that if you've worn a trend once . . .

Would be fun to run into you on one of your Paris jaunts -- but maybe you don't get all the way over to the 11ème. I'm an unlikely candidate for your photos, but it sure would be fun to see you in action!

"All things French" said...

Waistcoats ~ now I have some in my closet from years ago ~ problem is do they still fit! maybe NON!!
Just a little bow I could wear.
Enjoy beautiful Paris!
~Dianne~

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

oh, I finally made it after a long day at school! Oh just give me one of those gray numbers and I will feel like a queen!!!! HAVE A GREAT EVENING...Anita

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Tish
Well these ribbons look fab... that grey coat has got my number!!

Have a lovely time in Paris.. I'm sure you will and thanks for your lovely comment my way.. You know I think most ppl thought Maud's tattoos were lace..

ciao ciao xxx Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...