Friday, September 24, 2010

Out and About In The Country































































































































































Yes, yes, I know, it's true -- still in my comfort zone. But aren't these pictures marvelous? 

The stunning couple, absolutely Town & Country chic with their Lab puppy, I consider one of my great triumphs. In a perfect world, no one could have styled them better. 

Et en plus, are you ready for this? Their dog's name is Dior, and Dior gave me a huge kiss on the cheek. 

While in Monoprix, shopping with my "baby" the woman in the gray sweater and I began talking, whereupon I of course asked her if I could take her picture. She said she loved fashion, but didn't agree with my assessment of her chic appearance at that moment, "Because I just finished working on the tomatoes in my garden and I'm not 'dressed' -- I ran out of the house. You don't want to take my picture today."

Oh, yes I do.

Now you see what I mean about French women. I mean really, I just ran out of the house? 

Off to Paris and more shopping. Will keep you au courant.

17 comments:

CailinMarie said...

That couple out for a walk with the pup look wonderful
I notice everybody is in gray

so I've been 'redoing' myself of late and this is always in the back of my mind - what would I do if you popped up with a camera? Funny, in teens and twenties I looked smashing all the time and then I had children and they looked smashing and I went to the dogs- and having realized it I am trying to turn things around a bit :-)

Genuine Lustre said...

Am SO enjoying this window on your world. Please keep them coming.

I especially like the cream/beige outfit with leggins and short boots. Not easy to pull off at a certain age, but she looks great.

Young at Heart said...

as a woman who can't wear white, cream, beige....I attract spillage, ketchup just leaps at me from fifty feet.....I'm thinking the gray does make for effoertless chic...all very lovely!!

sharon said...

It's always fun to wander around the streets with you Tish.
Have a great weekend
Sharon

Deja Pseu said...

Fabulous pictures once again, Tish! That couple is so country gentry divine. Knickers!!!

I'm loving all the grey too.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I think the woman in the white leggings and multi layered top arrangement looks so fresh and chic in such a casual way.
The couple strolling with their dog look very smart indeed...love Fridays here!

LPC said...

Wonderful photos. And, in case we needed any more proof that gray and brown can be worn together, voila! I love the man in his knickers.

materfamilias said...

These are greyyyyyt! That couple's matching knee-socks/knee boost is quite charming -- not sure anyone else could carry that off without looking too twee, but it works on them. Clicking for a big version of the photo makes clear how chic this woman is from the inside out -- although it looks artlesslly casual and wind-tousled, her hair is wonderfully cut, coloured, and simply styled. Ditto for the maquillage which is probably not quite as au naturel as it appears -- her skin is in fabulous shape and she probably uses wonderful products. . .

Belle de Ville said...

That couple is just classic.
Well done.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Grey is certainly going to be popular for autumn,isn't it?

Semi Expat said...

Love it - looks like the tomato tending woman has a cashmere jumper on too - so chic even when doing chores in the garden!! Great photos, x

Duchesse said...

The gentleman in the knickers trumps everything. I have never strolled with a man in knickers, perhaps I shall look forward to it. A kilt several times, once, a dress (costume party) but never knickers. He is fantastic.

Morgane said...

the couple is stunning!

"All things French" said...

Oh my!! what an elegant couple in the top pic! and looks like turned up jeans are in style. I love my stroll around the streets Tish ~ Thanks for that.
~Dianne~

Toemailer said...

You must have a great knack for people because those pictures are fantastic!

BigLittleWolf said...

The pictures are marvelous! (And I've picked up my share of little treasures at Monoprix. Un peu de ceci, un peu de cela.

Clarity said...

"I ran out of the house" reminds me of "I just use soap and water" :)

There is something chic and alone about the pictures. I don't know why. I want to pass a flower to them or something, provoke smiles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...